Subject: can you stop the infected submitting? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter O'Hanraha-Hanrahan
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you can, but I just want to clarify. When it comes to the task at the end of a player's turn, the revealed infected player still contributes, doesn't he? Thematically this seems a bit odd to me, and obviously he's going to openly submit negative dice, even rerolling to try to add more.

"We know you're the enemy, but could you just give us a hand doing this task, please?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see it as the infected actively trying to stop the players from completing the task via sabotage or whatever....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Taylor
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and it is hilarious when the infected only roll positive numbers and are forced to help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pereira
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying to sabotage and pressing all the right buttons to save the Humans... Infected can help even if they don't want it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Lesperance
United States
Northville
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you're correctly imagining the setting at all. People aren't sitting in a room together debating how to resolve a crisis. If so, then as soon as someone reveals, why wouldn't every human grab a crowbar and bash his skull in? Problem solved.

Also, I don't think the station is spontaneously falling apart because of cheap materials. Every turn you draw a task. The task represents the infected players ripping the station apart while nobody is looking. They're doing it secretly, behind the scenes. If it was done in front of everyone, the humans would grab a crowbar and bash their skulls in. Problem solved.

And when the infected contribute dice, they're not doing it by permission. They are off by themselves expending limited resources to make this particular task that much worse. You can't stop them from "contributing," because they are off on their own doing it. If you were there, you could grab a crowbar and bash their skulls in. Problem solved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.