Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Reeves
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you discard a card during development for 2 gems, do you take them immediately before others play their card or do you take them after everyone plays their card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Benson
United States
Syosset
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also under discussion here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1403790/discarding-gems-dur...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We ruled you go by the number of the card you're discarding. Since you're not "passing", you're considered to be "playing" a card by discarding it. Played cards are resolved in number order, thus our ruling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Reeves
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
We ruled you go by the number of the card you're discarding. Since you're not "passing", you're considered to be "playing" a card by discarding it. Played cards are resolved in number order, thus our ruling.

That makes sense. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:

So, you have the player pick a card to discard, before any cards are revealed, and then reveal at the same time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mvettemagred wrote:

Whatever works for you, but the rules definitely make the distinction between "playing" a card and "discarding" it:
Quote:
In the beginning of a round, each player chooses a card to play and lays it on a table face down. If a player does not want to play a card, he can either: 1. pass or 2. discard a card and take two gemstones of their choosing from the reserve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Reeves
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jepmn wrote:
mvettemagred wrote:

Whatever works for you, but the rules definitely make the distinction between "playing" a card and "discarding" it:
Quote:
In the beginning of a round, each player chooses a card to play and lays it on a table face down. If a player does not want to play a card, he can either: 1. pass or 2. discard a card and take two gemstones of their choosing from the reserve.

Ok now I'm confused again! LOL!

Based on the rule you just posted it says In the beginning of a round.... So I that tells me it happens before "playing" cards. However, the question still remains as to which player gets priority if two players discard to get gems. In that case, I would have to go with the rule that says all conflicts are resolved by the player with the lowest numbered card in the pyramid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Booth
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would go with the lowest number in pyramid. Jeeze Adam such a noob.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Reeves
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
theericbooth wrote:

Ummm... Isn't that what I said?

areeves wrote:
Based on the rule you just posted it says In the beginning of a round.... So I that tells me it happens before "playing" cards. However, the question still remains as to which player gets priority if two players discard to get gems. In that case, I would have to go with the rule that says all conflicts are resolved by the player with the lowest numbered card in the pyramid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Booth
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
areeves wrote:
theericbooth wrote:

areeves wrote:

Yes, but it still doesn't change the fact that you are a noob. Just saying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Reeves
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
theericbooth wrote:
areeves wrote:
theericbooth wrote:

areeves wrote:

Yes, but it still doesn't change the fact that you are a noob. Just saying.

LOL! Eric Booth everybody... Comedian by day, boardgame ninja by night...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sgt Pepere
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
areeves wrote:
If you discard a card during development for 2 gems, do you take them immediately before others play their card or do you take them after everyone plays their card?

Met the author last night and the answer is, as Matt replied, that cards are discarded face up so you indeed look at the card's numbers to check the order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.