Subject: Rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Butler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have any idea when we might expect to see the rules? Sounds like a fascinating game, but I don't have experience with how long prior to release Rio Grande Games typically release such things...

Really hoping the designer might see this, and be able to provide some info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Ernstein
United States
Valparaiso
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
We are working on the final artwork for the rules now. Now that GenCon is over, I would expect things to move very quickly. As a bit of a teaser, the game uses the 3-dimensional scoring grid from Ars Mysteriorum, so you score for building individual rides taller and/or building a variety of rides across your board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Butler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha, that sounds a little like the system I thought/hoped Steam Park might use (but didn't). Thanks for the tease, Alan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Butler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Any new news to report? Seeing the covers, an not wait for the rules and release date info!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Butler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Daaaaaamnnn, I'm checking every single day, just in case there is a stealth upload! Genuinely cannot wait to get hold of a copy - only wish I could preorder it direct for day one delivery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Butler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
*SURELY* it's time enough for a sneaky preview (if not the full rules), no? Especially if it is still planned for a supposed Q1 release...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve H
United States
Lansing
Illinois
flag msg tools
Or am I?
badge
Devious
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan has been quite insistent that this will release soon. As for the rules? He swore us (his local gaming group) to secrecy. With real swear words!

xD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Butler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's rather ridiculous - every day (pretty much) I'm checking Rio Grande's page in case of a stealth upload - you'd think they would really want to advertise the game!

You lucky things, though - have you seen the final version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks fun on the box, but... would like to know SOMETHING about the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
Shadowski wrote:
As for the rules? He swore us (his local gaming group) to secrecy. With real swear words!

I can't think of a positive reason for hiding rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.