GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,484 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
153 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Fourth Undercover Planned Parenthood Video rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Appeal_to_emotion [+] [View All]
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The people who don't care about this are too busy getting mad about Cecil the Lion.
That seems to be a far bigger deal to these people.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
it's still not a thing because they still are charging so little that they can't really profit off it in any meaningful sense, you loveable dipshit you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
it's still not a thing because they still are charging so little that they can't really profit off it in any meaningful sense, you loveable dipshit you

Yeah, that is the horrifying aspect of all this..... dipshit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:

You've made the point I've made before, which is that this isn't really about Planned Parenthood making fetal organs/tissue available for buyers on a non-profit basis.

This is about you and yours not liking abortion and wanting to complain about it, and to that I simply say "fuck off."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

You've made the point I've made before, which is that this isn't really about Planned Parenthood making fetal organs/tissue available for buyers on a non-profit basis.

This is about you and yours not liking abortion and wanting to complain about it, and to that I simply say "fuck off."

Abortion has pretty much been accepted by a majority of the population.
IT is a thing, that is GOING TO HAPPEN.
Not everyone is ok with it. Some people that are not ok with it are a LOT more vocal than others.
That is not what this is about.
Even people that are for abortion find this activity reprehensible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jbrier
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
mightygodking wrote:

Glad to see the goalposts have been moved already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
verandi wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
mightygodking wrote:

Glad to see the goalposts have been moved already.

Glad to see the idiots out in full force today....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
TheDashi wrote:

I don't. I've yet to hear any reason anyone should, beyond that it involves an abortion. Can you explain?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Schoell
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

I don't. I've yet to hear any reason anyone should, beyond that it involves an abortion. Can you explain?

Also plenty of people on both sides of the political spectrum didn't care when they made it explicitly legal to donate tissues such as these. That was back when no one had decided to make it a front on the culture war.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

I should clarify I guess since the libtard fuckheadmind will start feigning ignorance.
Ok, NOT ALL people that love abortion will find this sort of thing bad, but a lot do.

As for explaining why people would think picking through dead baby body parts and selling them would be a bad thing..... Either you get it or you dont.
You obviously dont, which is fine. But I am not going to try and explain why many people find this horrible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Watching abortion is definitely not for the squeamish.

On the other hand, neither is watching organ donation from the recently deceased, medical research on cadavers, embryo creation (and discarding of embryos) in fertility clinics. Also incredibly hard to watch: slaughterhouse practices (owners prosecute those who take pictures inside because they know how shocking the images are) and war. Especially war.

Once an abortion has happened, if the mother chooses to donate the tissue to scientific research, that choice is in support of better life through medical research for all of us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
And there's still nothing to this story except for the screamer

"PLANNED PARENTHOOD SELLS DEAD BABIES!"

The only thing for the new videos is to get it into the news again, for the dearth of content.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:

I know it is an attempt at humor in social commentary, but there is a difference between "being human" and "being a human". My hair is "human", but I don't make my barber give it a respectful burial. Also, I think most of this tissue donation is not "viable organs" but viable tissue samples. In the vast majority of cases there isn't a helicopter waiting to take a 2nd trimester heart to a waiting preemie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Schoell
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
rinelk wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

I should clarify I guess since the libtard fuckheadmind will start feigning ignorance.
Ok, NOT ALL people that love abortion will find this sort of thing bad, but a lot do.

As for explaining why people would think picking through dead baby body parts and selling them would be a bad thing..... Either you get it or you dont.
You obviously dont, which is fine. But I am not going to try and explain why many people find this horrible.

What is it you imagine that the purchasers do with said body parts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One almost gets the impression Drew is against legalized Abortion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:

To be fair, after watching Soylent green, Kelsey tried to buy their stock and was outraged when he found out it was a work of fiction.

Dinner at Kelsey's house is always interesting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
mbmb
TheDashi wrote:
But I am not going to try and explain why many people find this horrible.

Of course not. I already know why, and so do you: because it's abortion. Abortion is generally disgusting and usually morally repugnant. Salvaging some positive result, in accordance with the wishes of the mother, makes it slightly better, not worse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

Of course not. I already know why, and so do you: because it's abortion. Abortion is generally disgusting and usually morally repugnant. Salvaging some positive result, in accordance with the wishes of the mother, makes it slightly better, not worse.

And SOME People find this way of doing the salvaging morally reprehensible.
But you cant fathom that some people think differently than you.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
TheDashi wrote:
rinelk wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

No--I have a perfectly good explanation of why people think this. It's entirely derivative of the disgust at abortion. Choose any detail of abortion and consider it, and it'll seem awful, because abortion is revolting. Most of the time we don't think about how awful it is, so it's always going to seem like the detail you chose makes it even worse. It's a common reaction to anything the immense awfulness of which we don't or can't really grasp all at once.

But, if you think YOU can fathom how you're thinking better than I can, show us--put it into words. If you can't explain why this salvaging is worse than abortion without it, you probably aren't thinking clearly about this issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
rinelk wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

People find it terrible because it's OMG BABIES. All different kinds of tissue donation and tissue usage, and even trade happen without much brouhaha.

Again, this is all about the shocking clickbait title. "PP SELLS DEAD BABY PARTS".

The front publishing this doesn't care about the complexities legal or ethical about donating or selling tissue samples, they care that they have a really shocking seeming attention-getter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You seem to be arguing against the existence of abortion and Planned Parenthood by opposing what happens after the abortion.

The question of whether tissue donation resulting from aborted pregnancies should be allowable is separate and distinct from whether abortion should be outlawed. It is wrong to conflate the two.

Using these videos to emotionally manipulate the public and to demonize doctors & women who are already in a agonizing situation is a shameful tactic on the part of the video makers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SerialPanda wrote:
You seem to be arguing against the existence of abortion and Planned Parenthood by opposing what happens after the abortion.

The question of whether tissue donation resulting from aborted pregnancies should be allowable is separate and distinct from whether abortion should be outlawed. It is wrong to conflate the two.

Using these videos to emotionally manipulate the public and to demonize doctors & women who are already in a agonizing situation is a shameful tactic on the part of the video makers.

Aawwww... the public found out something about an organization that was trying to keep it under wraps..... What a SHAMEFUL TACTIC.
Investigative journalists doing investigative journalism.....WWWWAAAAHHHHHH WWWWAAHHHHHHHHHH.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
SerialPanda wrote:

That's how they are, welcome to RSP.

Here's a quick rundown:
JeremyColbert and Drew just post whatever they read, so they're pretty much outrage-of-the-day.
TheDashi is a giant idiot. Like I don't want to be mean, but he's SUPER dumb.
Tripp and Bj are pretty much contrarians. They're mostly out to get the other side and occasionally be entertaining. On that Note, Tripp tells awesome stories, but they're almost all lies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew1365 wrote:

Which makes me wonder whose sock-puppet you are.

tstone's
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.