Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Choy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TL;DR has my favourite flavour text since curtain wall.

Reality threedee is creepy as all hell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we have the rules insert? I'm curious how face-down runner cards work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There are (arguably) better image spoilers available.

The image of SYNC was a bit poor, but that's already spoiled, so no problem missing it really
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
brisingre wrote:

Presumably just fodder for 'trash an installed card' effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Izya Kazman
Russia
Moskow
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:

The image of SYNC was a bit poor, but that's already spoiled, so no problem missing it really

You have missed Technical Writer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Choy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone read the (I presume) braille at the bottom of Harbinger and Apocalypse?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:
brisingre wrote:

That's a little disappointing if it's true, I was hoping it'd enable some instant-speed shenanigans for the runner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
umchoyka wrote:
Can anyone read the (I presume) braille at the bottom of Harbinger and Apocalypse?

It's great!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baudot_code is the code

Translation on Harbinger is "I AM BECOME DEATH"

Translation on Apocalypse is "DESTROYER OF WORLDS"

Credit: someone on Reddit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Choy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brisingre wrote:
umchoyka wrote:

It's great!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baudot_code is the code

Translation on Harbinger is "I AM BECOME DEATH"

Translation on Apocalypse is "DESTROYER OF WORLDS"

Credit: someone on Reddit.

Awesome, thanks Lou!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
alex_monk wrote:
CommissarFeesh wrote:

You have missed Technical Writer.

Oops, that may have been on the one with SYNC. I'll try and backfill it later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Oliveira
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
Does gaining credits from Au Revoir when you jack out count as using a program during the run? Because otherwise Au Revoir Sunny can be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally have it all wrangled up for Four is Flatline, using the Team Covenant photos. When clearer ones come out, I'll transition to those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bayushi_Oliveira wrote:
Does gaining credits from Au Revoir when you jack out count as using a program during the run? Because otherwise Au Revoir Sunny can be nice.

Au Revoir is not "used", as its ability is a required conditional ability. Check out the Use article on ANCUR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I missing something with adam? He has to play 3 directives but I only see 3 total directive cards. So there's no choice there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Muehlberg
United States
Greenfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Joshua the Gamer wrote:
Am I missing something with adam? He has to play 3 directives but I only see 3 total directive cards. So there's no choice there.

Nope, you aren't missing anything and there is no choice. There are only ever three directives loosely based on Asimovs three laws of Robotics and some base mechanics of ANR. Similar to Floyd in the Android board game, Adam will probably only ever have these three as they were pre-programmed into him at HB and his fluff is about breaking free. Who knows though, they may end up adding in new directives at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joshua the Gamer wrote:
not missing anything.

it's also weird to me that you can get rid of them and reinstall them later, though i'm not sure you'd even want to put the extra copies in your deck.
i also wonder if we'll get 4 copies of each directive so that adam can start with one of each and still have 3 copies in the deck, since those pre-installed don't count as part of the deck.

as an aside, i'm finding hilarious thematic interactions with APEX Independent Thinking, Always Be Running, Neutralising All Threats, and most hilariously: Safety First

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Muehlberg
United States
Greenfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
dr00 wrote:
Joshua the Gamer wrote:
not missing anything.

it's also weird to me that you can get rid of them and reinstall them later, though i'm not sure you'd even want to put the extra copies in your deck.
i also wonder if we'll get 4 copies of each directive so that adam can start with one of each and still have 3 copies in the deck, since those pre-installed don't count as part of the deck.

as an aside, i'm finding hilarious thematic interactions with APEX Independent Thinking, Always Be Running, Neutralising All Threats, and most hilariously: Safety First

Because even though there is a disadvantage with each, there is also an advantage to each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
professorcynical wrote:
dr00 wrote:
Joshua the Gamer wrote:
not missing anything.

Because even though there is a disadvantage with each, there is also an advantage to each.
i'm not quite sure why you quoted me to say this.

is it my comment about getting rid of them and reinstalling them? if so, i'm not talking about mechanics. i'm talking about theme.

EDIT: in response to that then, it was related to my question of whether or not you only have 2 copies of them to put in your deck. would any Adam deck even bother to include the other directives if they only had two more they could install?

as for the downsides being a reason to get rid of them, i don't really see it. if you don't want to deal with the downsides, don't play Adam. Aesop's and Independent Thinking can be pretty cool to sell off the ones you don't want, and of course, Dr. Lovegood can turn off one if you want, but you'll be dealing with those downsides from turn one before you have a chance to get anything set up. a second-turn SEA Source/Scorch is there.

Independent Thinking to burst a lot of card draw is probably a much better reason to reinstall and overwrite Adam's directives. i don't think i'd play Adam by wasting the time to turn my directives on and off, i'd just design my deck to play around them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Muehlberg
United States
Greenfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
dr00 wrote:
i'm not quite sure why you quoted me to say this.

is it my comment about getting rid of them and reinstalling them? if so, i'm not talking about mechanics. i'm talking about theme.

In response to this:

dr00 wrote:
...though i'm not sure you'd even want to put the extra copies in your deck...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:
brisingre wrote:

I assume not but do facedown programs still take up memory? I'm guessing they're installed, but inactive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ACGalaga wrote:
CommissarFeesh wrote:
brisingre wrote:

I assume not but do facedown programs still take up memory? I'm guessing they're installed, but inactive.
i doubt any facedown runner cards are able to use their card text for anything. now that we know nothing turns them faceup, i'm even more sure that they're really only fodder for Endless Hunger, Wasteland, Heartbeat, and Prey, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be the one to say it. I don't think they did enough with the mini-faction runners. Color me underwhelmed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coyotemoon722 wrote:
I'll be the one to say it. I don't think they did enough with the mini-faction runners. Color me underwhelmed.
i like Sunny a lot, and i think some people will have fun with APEX (not sure if i'll play it), but i agree. i think 8 cards (including the ID) and 25 influence weren't really enough to flesh them out, especially Adam. i think they really dropped the ball with him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.