Subject: First Custom Deck - Saria Beat Em Up! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Bruder

Mount Laurel
New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmb
Alright so my first deck is ready to go! Let me know what you guys think.

The idea behind this deck is ignore your opponent's units (Hypnotize) and hit their Phoenixborn directly each turn with beefed up (Massive Growth) units who are able to attack multiple times with the help of Refresh, and Rose Fire Dancer. We'll need to keep these units out long enough to attack so we'll be using Seaside Ravens for their Magic Guard ability, and Golden Veil to keep our Massive Growth Iron Workers on the battlefield. We’ll also throw in Undying Heart to try to ensure our units stay on the field. Being able to respark it is also a huge plus. After we attack we'll be vulnerable for at least a turn so I've added in Shadow Counter (We're already splashing Illusion for Rose Fire Dancer). Saria is a high health Phoenixborn so she can take the hit, and in return we'll take out one of our opponent's units. The cherry on top will be Molten Gold. This will get pesky units out of our way or it will allow us to do that bit of extra damage to our opponent's Phoenixborn. We’ll also add in Open Memories so that we can get the right cards for the situation we’re in. Need that little bit of extra damage to end the game? Go get Molten Gold? Have the chance to attack again, but you don’t have Refresh? Go get it!

The goal of our starting hand is to Get out an Iron Worker, give him Massive Growth, protect him with Golden Veil, and Hypnotize any units our opponent got out in order to get in a quick 6 damage! I considered putting in refresh here, but felt like without the option to summon a Seaside Raven we'll leave ourselves too vulnerable.

Phoenixborn: Saria Guideman

Starting Hand: Massive Growth, Golden Veil, Summon Seaside Raven, Hypnotize, Iron Worker

Dice Pool:

4x Natural 5x Charm 1x Illusion

Deck:

3x Massive Growth
3x Open Memories
3x Refresh
3x Golden Veil
3x Molten Gold
3x Undying Heart
3x Rose Fire Dancer
3x Iron Worker
2x Shadow Counter
2x Hypnotize
2x Summon Seaside Raven

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nice nice. my only concern is with only 1 illusion die and no luck mitigation, it might be kinda swingy. oh wait I forgot about meditate, never mind lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bruder

Mount Laurel
New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yup I love that meditating makes fun stuff like this possible!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dbruder182 wrote:
Yup I love that meditating makes fun stuff like this possible!

for some reason, even during play i always forget meditate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.