Popular Tags: [View All]
DJ Wilde
United States
Monroe
LA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that I want to complain, just haven't had a lot of luck here on the playtester route. But I have at least had playtesters and feedback has been very good. I've put some suggestions into play and would like to offer you folks the chance top play it.

It is available for general Print and Play at the page:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/176195/galaxy-zento-ches...

Under the files section. The file contains the rules, the cards, the board and notations to help you out. There are four decks that you will need to sleeve separately, but they are marked with notations.

The board is quite simple, even though it seems "arbitrary" in some ways. You can mock up a board easily if you can't arrange to print it to size.

I'm open to questions!

Galaxy Zento is an adventure game with random elements based on my first novel, Chessmen: Opening Moves.

The random elements are because this is an adventure across the stars and you never know what will jump out at you on your adventure. The board represents the locations the Chessmen visited in the story. It is meant to be a bit strange.

There is a dice combat element that you will need d20s for and a dice movement element you will need d6s for.

Why is the board important: Because your position compared to other players is important for effects in the game. Most effects operate at a specified range from the player using them.

The dice movement is not overly controlling, rather it allows you a maximum movement that you don't have to use all of. This allows players a chance to escape from a player that's hounding them if they're lucky.

Reports from those I have had play have been positive for play experience. It's a fun game, so I really hope you'll give it a try and shoot back to me with what you noticed.

So I hope you'll try it, I hope you have FUN. I haven't had much luck here so far in posting before is why this is titled the way it is. Thank you for your consideration, please forgive my frustration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't say for sure why you haven't gotten traction here. Two thoughts, from looking over your documents: the things that drive people to do PNPs, I'd say, are an unusual mechanics, cool art, or a good thematic hook. Which of these do you think you could use to best pull in potential players?

Perhaps it would help if you could write a bit about what other games this is like and what kind of gamers might enjoy it? I'd also say the "hook" to get people interested isn't very strong, and the theme is too broad to stand out. Perhaps you can narrow the plot or make it a bit more specific?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DJ Wilde
United States
Monroe
LA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. That is thought provoking. You mean in the explanation section, I assume (even though assumptions are dangerous ). Right now I'm pulling blank on the thematic hook, which tells me immediately that it's a problem.

Not sure what to do about that. Yet. I'll dig in.

Narrowing the theme I think I can do. I've had some decent comparisons. I've just been afraid of making it sound like it's "copy" of the games it's "like". I'll dig in on that too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DJ Wilde
United States
Monroe
LA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, Brendan, I just made some adjustments on the explanation portion. What do you think? I admit I'm stumbling here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
That does seem more solid -- definitely gives a better sense of the relationship between the player and the world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DJ Wilde
United States
Monroe
LA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay cool. Thank you for the input on that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.