GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,127 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
79 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

MERCS: Recon – Counter Threat» Forums » General

Subject: Delivery? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thumis Dalidalisa
Kazakhstan
Astana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The last update said that the target was to have the game to the fulfillment company in July, af5ter which it would be delivered within one or two weeks. Today is July 30. Any news?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MERCS is still waiting to hear from the Fulfillment company that they have reeived the pallets. They did confirm in the comments section from the last update that all of Recon had left the manufacturer.

As a comparison, CMON's Rum and Bones pallets left on a cargo container mid-June, and docked in Georgia early last week. Since they do there own fulfillment, they didn't have far to travel overland. Packages started arriving to backers late last week (but it does sound like it will take a few weeks to get them all shipped out).

We don't know when the container left for RECON, since we were only informed it left the factory as of mid-June. So you have overland travel to add on. We also don't know where the fulfillment company is located, so there may be additional overland travel there. But they were told by the fulfillment company that when they get the stuff, they should be able to get everything shipped to backers in a week.

So I'm speculating that while the packages will ship later than Rum and Bones (obviously), they'll get shipped out quicker.

But the point of my long-winded reply is that so far, it appears to be close to on schedule as set by the last update.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
San Gabriel Valley Southern California
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the Recon delivery date should be soon. It could arrive any day at the fulfillment center. Since transit takes about 4-6 weeks on the boat depending on the weather. Then customs if it gets flagged, then either get loaded on a train or truck depending on the method MCG payed for. I am anxious as anyone else to finally receive their pledge. I put a lot of money into the game and going to get the miniatures commissioned painted as well. I can understand the frustration that is on the KS page of the updates, however; every day I look forward to coming home from work that either an email confirmation of tracking or an update on the KS that it is shipping.

If nothing gets updated tomorrow hopefully next week for sure after GenCon is over. Since the target date was this month if everything went according to plan which looks like it hasn't haha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I am sure they were hoping things would be shipping by now. I am surprised they are not doing demos with actual boxed game etc at gen con? or are they?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
B Wumpus wrote:
I am sure they were hoping things would be shipping by now. I am surprised they are not doing demos with actual boxed game etc at gen con? or are they?

Boxed game? Nope ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
Kolumel wrote:
The last update said that the target was to have the game to the fulfillment company in July, af5ter which it would be delivered within one or two weeks. Today is July 30. Any news?

Nothing official. The Mercs guys are hiding instead of updating. It's quite annoying. Direct questions on the KS are ignored completely and if you catch them on Google+ you're dismissed with a "update soon"... it's been over 30 days. update NOW is the correct response, even if to just post we're going to update with some news in the near future.

Instead they just disappear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:

The Mercs guys are hiding instead of updating...

...Instead they just disappear.

The MERCS team are at Gen Con. They couldn't be MORE in the public eye if they tried.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
Jorune wrote:
klkitchens wrote:

The MERCS team are at Gen Con. They couldn't be MORE in the public eye if they tried.

Jorune

Incorrect. They are at GenCon... however, the KS has been abandoned for over 30 days. So yes, they are schmoozing the public, but ignoring their backers completely. I've been going through this over there, so no need to rehash here. But the responses I've gotten from them have been very unprofessional.

This has nothing to do with the game being late (it's way late and was expected when it funded). I've not seen people complain that it's late. But there are questions about timing, people with address issues, numerous requests for the final rulebook PDF, etc... They've gone silent completely on KS.

I've asked them on G+ and said "Hey there's a lot of questions, can you come over to KS and address them" and been brushed off with lame "soon" answers.

So it's easy to defend them here, but without the full story, that would be an unwise thing to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
Jorune wrote:
klkitchens wrote:

Jorune

Incorrect. They are at GenCon... however, the KS has been abandoned for over 30 days. So yes, they are schmoozing the public, but ignoring their backers completely. I've been going through this over there, so no need to rehash here. But the responses I've gotten from them have been very unprofessional.

Where do you get that it is abandoned?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
whiskemuscles wrote:
klkitchens wrote:
Jorune wrote:
klkitchens wrote:

Jorune

Visit the KS page and it's clear. Doesn't mean they aren't coming back -- especially to promote their next request for funds and perhaps when the game ships.

This is nothing against the game or its quality (I'm sure it will be great)... it about a bunch of gamers failing at running a business in a manner that provides somewhat decent customer service.

They have had NO presence on the KS since the last update over a month ago. They've ignored questions and concerns completely. You may not use the term abandoned (and there is to be honest probably a better one I cannot think of right now), but it still feels that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
whiskemuscles wrote:
klkitchens wrote:
Jorune wrote:
klkitchens wrote:

Jorune

Visit the KS page and it's clear. Doesn't mean they aren't coming back -- especially to promote their next request for funds and perhaps when the game ships.

This is nothing against the game or its quality (I'm sure it will be great)... it about a bunch of gamers failing at running a business in a manner that provides somewhat decent customer service.

They have had NO presence on the KS since the last update over a month ago. They've ignored questions and concerns completely. You may not use the term abandoned (and there is to be honest probably a better one I cannot think of right now), but it still feels that way.

I just went to the Kickstarter page and it has an update on June 30th. What do you mean it is clear?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thumis Dalidalisa
Kazakhstan
Astana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the updates. I can't bear to wade through the KS forums so this was helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:

And that's the issue. For whatever reason, you are taking this very personally. You've somehow equated a business transaction as a personal relationship.

I HAVE been following the KS comments section. I HAVE been following the Google + account. I thought it REALLY strange when you linked to this video ('80's), about broken promises or whatever on the google page. You asked for an update. They replied to you that when they hear something new about shipping, they would put out an update. But that wasn't good enough.

Than you pepper your posts with very dramatic, exaggerated language. I'm surprised they responded to you at all.

You need to take a step back and look at your behavior. It's a little scary*

Jorune

*Here's some of the lyrics of the song that was linked to:

"Never had a doubt
In the beginning
Never a doubt
Trusted too true
In the beginning
I loved you right through
Arm in arm we laughed like kids
At all the silly things we did

You made me promises promises
Knowing I'd believe
Promises promises
You knew you'd never keep
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Japan
Saitama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EncyclopediusRex wrote:
At the demo table at GC, the phrasing they used was something like "a few months for KS backers and retail after that"

A few months, what? A few months from now to ship to backers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Japan
Saitama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EncyclopediusRex wrote:
Cogdiz wrote:
A few months, what? A few months from now to ship to backers?

that's what was said at the demo table. however, this may be more of a vague timeframe given to people interested in the retail release.

Hmm... ok. I think it's important not to jump to conclusions as there might be some miscommunication at work here - it sounds strange that they've been talking about July and then it would suddenly be a few monthts off.

But... IF it actually means that the game will ship "a few monthts from now" (to me that means 3-5) I think the comment section on the KS page is going down in flames. laugh

Probably not because of the additional delay but rather because it's been implied that the game is very close to shipping to backers ("hopefull to ship in July", "make sure to lock your address before July" etc).

Again, I think this is likely not the case and there's been some misunderstanding on the way. Let's see if we can get a proper update after Gencon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Japan
Saitama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the only reason I'm reluctant to take it at face value is the implied July/August shipping. It just feels so strange for them to be THAT MUCH off with their projections.

Oh well...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EncyclopediusRex wrote:
There's not really any jumping if someone running one of their tables provided the conclusion.

Maybe there's another Asian holiday they can blame for delays.

Were they too busy for you to jump into the conversation and ask for clarification? I know some attendee's mentioned they would ask, I'm just surprised n one has done that yet.

We were informed by Brian on June 18th that all of RECON had left the factory. Based on that it should be at the fulfillment company any day now. The only flag for me is that they don't seem to have flown in any production copies to demo according to reports.

Jorune

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw pictures of the Recon boxes on the tables so I think they may have mad demo copies there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
5.13 D
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could they have been talking about the Table Top rule book and cards? That would put the delivery in the 4th quarter which is what they were saying in the last update. I certainly hope that is the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ammolivi wrote:
Could they have been talking about the Table Top rule book and cards? That would put the delivery in the 4th quarter which is what they were saying in the last update. I certainly hope that is the case.

Nice catch. Could be this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It took awhile for Myth to be fufilled but it was fufilled. Forget about the game and when it comes it will be a happy suprise. I bet it still will not take as long as KDM to get fufilled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Severs
England
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the interview with Kenny, it's in customs at the minute

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.beastsofwar.com/liveblogentry/megacon-games-fill-...

About halfway through, he mentions it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Foolish_Dog wrote:
According to the interview with Kenny, it's in customs at the minute

Actually he says it's

"just about ready to get TO the ... THROUGH the customs ... and get to our fulfillment center ... and then once that happens, we can go to an update for all our backers"

I take this to mean the shipment hasn't reached the US at this point. The shipment is on the water and because MecaCon won't guess when it arrives, they aren't going to speculate in public.

Conversations I had with Kenny tell me the shipment hasn't hit US waters at this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McCarthy
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is pretty much why I avoid kickstarter comment sections. I get that people want to know when their game is coming out and that they basically put up the pre-order money to buy it. But the "discussion" becomes so uncivil so fast. There's very little a company can say that will make people happy.

You didn't make an "investment" you preordered a game, with the risk of giving an unknown person money upfront.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.