Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leon Scheuber
Germany
Köln
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At least if you are in Essen this Ocotber.

Carsten, owner of Schwerkraft Verlag, stated 5 day ago that remainders of the Kickstarter campaign will be sold in Essen. Especially for Catacombs: Chicks in a Catacomb and Catacombs: Zombie Horde you will have a very good chance to get copies of them in Essen, but even for the other stuff there is a possibility that you can buy it at the Schwerkraft booth. Edit 1+2: He stated that the box of Catacombs: Crypt of Shaurath will be most probably not there.

"Wir haben noch einige Reste aus der Kickstarter-Kampagne, die wir mit nach Essen zur SPIEL 2015 nehmen werden.

Bei den Chicks und Zombies dürften die meisten Messebesucher noch zum Zuge kommen.
Aber für die Shaurath-Schachtel (ohne Inhalt) sieht es besonders schlecht aus. Diese wurde ja auch den KS-Backern als exklusives Extra versprochen. Einen Nachdruck wird es also nicht geben."
(found http://www.wargamegeek.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=82#p275)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andre d.
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
Just a quick note on this. I contacted Elzra directly about getting a kickstarter pledge last week. They gold me that they still do have zombie horder and Chicks in a Catacomb. But are unfortunately out of Shaurath.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Great to hear that a few others will be able to get their hands on these!

I'm kind of torn about recommending them for the average Joe, though. In terms of "bang for your buck" there just isn't much that comes in each KickStarter Add-On. It's all cool stuff of course, but buying the full Soloth expansion seems like a much better value considering how much content it contains at a similar overall price.

Then again, these extra Add-On bonuses are supposed to be very limited so collectors should probably jump while the chance exists. (That's why I included them with my KickStarter pledge.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Woods
United States
Kirkwood
Missouri
flag msg tools
I just returned from Gen Con 2015 and couldn't find a copy of the 3d Edition of Catacombs (or the expansion Cavern of Soloth). I've looked on Elzra's website but under their contact page, they only have contacts for "support," "Business Inquiry," and their Kickstarter stuff. I tried using their "support" button a few weeks ago but didn't receive a reply. Does anyone have a phone number of alternate email address that produces a response? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd really like to acquire this game. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aukilom wrote:
...I'd really like to acquire this game. Thanks!

It's not out yet, so instead of contacting anyone your best bet is to stay patient for another couple of weeks.

The games are scheduled to arrive in North America tomorrow (assuming no customs delays). Then the KickStarter backers will have rewards processed and shipped, then it will start going to stores.

I thought there was supposed to be one or two demo-only copies of the game at GenCon, but might be wrong on that point. You didn't miss copies of the game for sale though, because they haven't arrived yet.

Edit:

Elzra has just received the games in North America at the end of last week (Aug 14). That doesn't confirm dates that backers or stores will get copies (with 2000+ backers, it might take a while for Elzra to get everything sent out) but things continue to move forward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Bruno
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a pledge for sale if anyone is interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk H
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
I write about games...
mbmbmbmbmb
Intourette wrote:
Carsten, owner of Schwerkraft Verlag, stated 5 day ago that remainders of the Kickstarter campaign will be sold in Essen. Especially for Catacombs: Chicks in a Catacomb and Catacombs: Zombie Horde you will have a very good chance to get copies of them in Essen, but even for the other stuff there is a possibility that you can buy it at the Schwerkraft booth. Edit 1+2: He stated that the box of Catacombs: Crypt of Shaurath will be most probably not there.

Any idea of the price they will claim for the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wolvercote wrote:

Not at $250 for a $145 pledge that hasn't even arrived yet. Let me know if you come down to something reasonable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpoDaddy wrote:
Wolvercote wrote:

Not at $250 for a $145 pledge that hasn't even arrived yet. Let me know if you come down to something reasonable.

Do your business in private, guys. No need to call somebody out like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MentatYP wrote:
SpoDaddy wrote:
Wolvercote wrote:

I disagree - this isn't calling out, it's calling as it is and giving people very valid information.

This also explains why my friendly email to him was completely ignored.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
SpoDaddy wrote:
Wolvercote wrote:

While the second half could have been avoided, if the first guy's going to advertise in here, then someone else has every right to post his asking price in here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
SpoDaddy wrote:
Wolvercote wrote:

How am I "calling him out" by posting the details of his public offer?

Also, he stopped responding to my private messages when I pointed out that I was aware the original pledge only cost $145.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpoDaddy wrote:
MentatYP wrote:
SpoDaddy wrote:
Wolvercote wrote:

How am I "calling him out" by posting the details of his public offer?

Also, he stopped responding to my private messages when I pointed out that I was aware the original pledge only cost $145.

I'm re-posting this from the other thread because I think it is important enough to repeat.

I just had a conversation with a BGG Admin (Octavian) last week over a very similar situation. BGG's policy is that any offer in a thread or comment to buy or sell a game for more than the original listed price is a violation of BGG policy. BGG has the policy for two reasons: 1) to avoid having forums clogged with advertising, and 2) to ensure that all sales go through the BGG marketplace so that they get their 3%.

The appropriate response when you learn of such an offer is to flag it for BGG and move on.

How much the asking price is over the original price is irrelevant. Taking a cue from the BGG Auctions policies - value is in the eye of the beholder. It is inappropriate to publicly call out auction prices as what you personally deem excessive. In this case, the appropriate step for anyone to sell a copy of Catacombs is to list the copy of the game in the marketplace, or perhaps put it up for auction, and then there's no need for anyone to "call him out" because the price is there for everyone to see.

By taking it into your own hands to decide when an offer is excessive, you are failing to give BGG Admins appropriate notice of the policy violation, and potentially depriving BGG of their 3%. Suppose, for example, the offer had been $170, and you decided that was a fair offer. The violation would still occur, but because you deemed it to be a fair offer, you would be allowing the violation to continue.

All of this is to say that my original message last night SHOULD have been "No need to call him out publicly. Flag it as a violation for the BGG Admins, and then let them take care of it. No need to publicly shame others. He may not even know he's violating BGG policy. Besides, others may be more than happy to pay that price through the BGG Marketplace."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BTT: I'm very happy to get some new Addons to my copy of the game at Essen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.