D-Day at Tarawa» Forums » Rules

Subject: "R" Action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Parsons
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It is game turn 8 and I have just drawn a Japanese fire card with a single Purple "R" symbol on it.

There is a purple position group (positions D9 and D10).

- D9 has a revealed Japanese unit and unrevealed Depth marker in it.

- D10 has an unrevealed Japanese unit in it.

- A Marine unit is in the position group's field of fire.

What happens:

1) Do I simply add a depth marker to the Japanese unit in D10?

2) Or do I add the depth marker in D10 and then D9 "fires" and is able to hit two U.S. units?

Many thanks

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ciccio Punksticcio
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ologotai wrote:
It is game turn 8 and I have just drawn a Japanese fire card with a single Purple "R" symbol on it.

What happens:

2) Or do I add the depth marker in D10 and then D9 "fires" and is able to hit two U.S. units?

Many thanks

Andy

You simply add a depth marker, position group during japanese fire act a single position.

Ciap

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diogo
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
ologotai wrote:

What happens:

Many thanks

Andy

You have to check every colored position in the group, I'll use your example:
You check the position on the right first in this case D9, D9 is inland and occupied so it will either Re-Supply or fire(tur 1-10) or re-suply and fire (turn 10+), it's turn 8 and the position has already and depth mark so it will fire instead. Then you check D10 next (inland and occupied) so it will re-supply or fire (on turn 1-10) in this case it will re-supply because it does not have an depth marker.

In sum D10 re-supllies and D9 fires.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ciccio Punksticcio
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[Spartan] wrote:
ologotai wrote:

What happens:

Many thanks

Andy

You check the position on the right first in this case D9, D9 is inland and occupied so it will either Re-Supply or fire(tur 1-10) or re-suply and fire (turn 10+), it's turn 8 and the position has already and depth mark so it will fire instead. Then you check D10 next (inland and occupied) so it will re-supply or fire (on turn 1-10) in this case it will re-supply because it does not have an depth marker.

Diogo what you are saying is wrong, during Japanese fire phase position groups are treated like a single position (rule 6.21) and example at page 13 is clear.
Position group D9-D10 acts together with a single R action, in this case re-supply because the position (group) is inland, occupied and with a US unit in FoF.

This is the most important rule of the game, better not miss it.

Ciap
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
[Spartan] wrote:
ologotai wrote:

What happens:

Many thanks

Andy

Gah! No! Ciap's answer above is correct.

As per this thread:

If any position hexes in a Japanese position group are occupied by Japanese units, the position is considered occupied when determining which action the position conducts during the Japanese Action Phase.

In this case, the position group is occupied and it's before turn 11, so it Resupplies but does not fire. After turn 11, then it would do both.

Edit: ninja by Ciap!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Butterfield
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
The position group's entire action consists of gaining a depth marker. If it were Turn 11 or later, the group would fire after placing the depth marker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.