Popular Tags: [View All]
Crookneck
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How does the Digger Team ability ("Raise or lower one/two dice results by 1") apply to rolls of 1 or 6? Does it loop around - ie, can a 1 be "lowered" to a 6 and a 6 be "raised" to a 1?

Thanks for any help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Estrick

Irvine
California
msg tools
Just remember... no matter what happens... I'll always love you. ALWAYS.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't imagine that there would be any "loop around" effect. I'm guessing 1 is as low as it goes, and 6 is as high.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir501 wrote:
I don't imagine that there would be any "loop around" effect. I'm guessing 1 is as low as it goes, and 6 is as high.

Agreed.
I think the loop around is mostly a Castles of Burgundy thing..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looping would be silly, but what about raising a six to a seven (which I believe would only matter for a dive where you're exactly one short, which came up in our first game the other day)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Not an official answer but I don't think the digger card allows for a 6 to be turned into a 7.

Although, I don't know too many situations where you would lower a 6 to a 5 unless there is card that has an action space that says 5 instead of 5+. I don't know the cards well enough to know if such a card exists off the top of my head)

For what it's worth, there are cards that give you +1 dive/+2 dive that will add to your dive result

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
There are many actions on cards that require a specific die roll in order use. This ability helps you use those actions when the dice don't cooperate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy D

Wyoming
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too am curious about this. Since the card says you can +1 to a die roll, does that mean a 6 can become a 7? This is significant for the dive action and came up last night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
randyd42 wrote:
I too am curious about this. Since the card says you can +1 to a die roll, does that mean a 6 can become a 7? This is significant for the dive action and came up last night.

My philosophy with cards is pretty standard across games. The card says what it means, unless a restriction is provided on it. In this case, yes, you could use "Digger Team" to raise die rolls to purchase from Dive. This one is not thematically appropriate, of course, but the card has to be interpreted to mean what it says, barring official ruling differently.

In fact, for Dive, you should be able to use this ability with up to two dice to get higher card values on Dive.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy D

Wyoming
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cmontgo2 wrote:
randyd42 wrote:

My philosophy with cards is pretty standard across games. The card says what it means, unless a restriction is provided on it. In this case, yes, you could use "Digger Team" to raise die rolls to purchase from Dive. This one is not thematically appropriate, of course, but the card has to be interpreted to mean what it says, barring official ruling differently.

In fact, for Dive, you should be able to use this ability with up to two dice to get higher card values on Dive.

Cheers.

Hmm, although technically you are correct that the card does not specify the numbers are not limited to those on the die, it seems to me that the intent of the card is to increase the die to the next higher value or to lower it to the next lower value (this understanding is limited to the available numbers on the die). I was kind of expecting Ryan to jump in and say something like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps he will - he is only one with the definitive answer. :-)

Unlike several of the other rules questions, this one does appear to require a definitive chime-in from Ryan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
cmontgo2 wrote:
Perhaps he will - he is only one with the definitive answer. :-)

Unlike several of the other rules questions, this one does appear to require a definitive chime-in from Ryan.

Hopefully he does
I'm in the max of 6 since there is no 7 on the die category
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crookneck wrote:
How does the Digger Team ability ("Raise or lower one/two dice results by 1") apply to rolls of 1 or 6? Does it loop around - ie, can a 1 be "lowered" to a 6 and a 6 be "raised" to a 1?

Thanks for any help!

You can only change die results to one of the faces (so a 7 would not be possible).

Also, players cannot use the ability to "loop" (1 to a 6, etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.