GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,340 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Warhammer Age of Sigmar» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
robin bruce
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
First question:

Skeleton archers have an add on of

"icon bearer
Models in this unit may be Icon Bearers. You can return D6 slain models to this unit in your hero phase if it includes any Icon Bearers."

Now with the Master of arrows it states that the leader has it and in my opinion there should only be one leader in a unit. icon bearer (and horn blower) state models, plural, can have it. So is it possible that all my skeletons are archers with a bow, icon, and a horn? nothing says that only one can take these options, or that it replaces their weapons.

Second question:

If you have skeleton archers and a death wizard you can cast raise skeleton archers that create a new 10 or 20 model archer unit. Do these archers get a leader, icons, or horns? The only one I could imagine is the leader.

Third question:

"Hail of Ancient Arrows: Units of Skeleton Archers make 1 extra attack with their Ancient Bows if their unit has 20 or more models and there are no enemy models within 3" in the shooting phase."

Am I reading this right that each model in the unit gets 1 extra attack and not the unit in general gets one extra attack? So a unit of 25 archers get 48 normal attacks and 2 attack at +1 to hit (the leader with Master of arrows

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ad1642
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Question 1:

Look here for a discussion on multiple banners
https://www.reddit.com/r/ageofsigmar/comments/3eq16x/can_a_u...

The exact wording allows it, but the ability doesn't stack.
It would only allow you some flexibility when removing casualties.

Some players think the wording allowing multiples is to permit existing models (configured for a previous edition) to be grouped together and not having to fuss about this.

Enjoy the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question 1 - Yes, you can have multiple Banners/Musicians/etc, but since you can pull models from anywhere in the unit, and the effects of each don't stack, you're generally not at an advantage for doing so (unless you really like the look of the standard bearers).

Question 2 - That's a good question. I would suspect that they're under the same restrictions as a standard unit - so, yes, they can come in with Banner and Musician.

Question 3 - You're reading that correctly. It is one of the better abilities in the game - but you have to remember it's only as long as you have that many models in the unit, not an inherint part of taking a unit of X models (so, if you drop to 19 models, you're at 18/1 attacks, not 36/2).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robin bruce
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Thank you for your replies.

Magius wrote:
Question 3 - You're reading that correctly. It is one of the better abilities in the game - but you have to remember it's only as long as you have that many models in the unit, not an inherint part of taking a unit of X models (so, if you drop to 19 models, you're at 18/1 attacks, not 36/2).

Yeah The current number has to be 20+ and no model withing 3" of the enemy but that is still a pretty good ability since if I roll over 10 on my summon archers I get at 20 model unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Generally, the best strategy for that is to leave 2-3 figures in a unit alive if they have some sort of summoning ability (either from a Model or from the Scenario), and taking out the summoner ASAP (though that's not always possible).

Generally, the way the rules are set up, if you have it, it's better to bring it on the field rather than save it to try to summon later (but not always), but Sumonning is a great way of bringing back units that were previously wiped out and punish your opponent for doing so (though, remember, if the game runs to time using the default victory conditions, the Summoned models count toward the number of casualties, but NOT toward the initial model count of the army - meaning that you could lose 95% to 300% if things run to time).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.