Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Gen Con attendees if you have time could you please share some pics and thoughts about the game. It would be awesome to see some opinions about how it played, how similar it was to Alien, and whether they introduced some new concepts that are different from other versions of Legendary Encounters.

Big thanks ahead of time!
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cree C
United Kingdom
Weymouth
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Hey Gen Con attendees if you have time could you please shame some pics and thoughts about the game
johnnyspys wrote:
Hey Gen Con attendees if you have time could you please shame some pics...


So, you really don't like the artwork?

In all seriousness, I would also love to see some mini-reviews/feedback.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
teppic2000 wrote:
johnnyspys wrote:
Hey Gen Con attendees if you have time could you please shame some pics...


So, you really don't like the artwork?

In all seriousness, I would also love to see some mini-reviews/feedback.

I really really really need to turn off auto correct!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like this guy played it at hen con



https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/194489/my-gencon-2015
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
noahshu wrote:
Looks like this guy played it at hen con

He was going to try 2-handed solo but he chickened out.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol you pulled the feathers right out of my mouth !!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
noahshu wrote:
Looks like this guy played it at hen con



https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/194489/my-gencon-2015


$10s for a Alien conversion kit. Interesting.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you heard of the conversion kit ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
noahshu wrote:
Have you heard of the conversion kit ?

Its in the thread. The op talks about it only briefly so I don't know much beyond that. I am sure someone will talk about it...hopefully.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah sounds cool !
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
noahshu wrote:
Lol you pulled the feathers right out of my mouth !!
Just plucking marvelous.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Curious. I'm interested to hear more about this adaptation pack!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
aaron2310 wrote:
Curious. I'm interested to hear more about this adaptation pack!

You know what me too. I think I will invite him to post in this thread. Hopefully, he isn't too busy but when I got to Gen Con I am enveloped in the experience I rarely ever hear my phone.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill H
United States
Absecon
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"Shijuro" in Awatum (Serpent's Tongue)
badge
"A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play, his labour and his leisure, his mind and his body, his education and his recreation." LP Jacks
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't look through the cards, I'll see if I can today.

It only appeared to be about a dozen or less cards. I believe the one that was visible through the packaging was a location, but I can't recall if it's a new one or a revision of an existing Alien location
.

Edit: it contains 16 revised Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game location and objectives) so that you can play Aliens vs. Predator scenarios.
8 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shijuro wrote:
I didn't look through the cards, I'll see if I can today.

It only appeared to be about a dozen or less cards. I believe the one that was visible through the packaging was a location, but I can't recall if it's a new one or a revision of an existing Alien location.

Wow thanks for the quick reply and willingness to being our investigator. I really appreciate it.

Other questions if I may: Are you a fan of the other Legendary series of games? Did this one play in a similar fashion? Anything new? Still a good bit of fun or just more of the same feeling?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cooper Christian
United States
La Habra
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Legendary: Fanboy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume it's a card version on the new text for the objectives and locations in the back of the predator rulebook.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill H
United States
Absecon
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"Shijuro" in Awatum (Serpent's Tongue)
badge
"A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play, his labour and his leisure, his mind and his body, his education and his recreation." LP Jacks
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
timerron wrote:
I assume it's a card version on the new text for the objectives and locations in the back of the predator rulebook.

Confirmed, that's exactly what it is.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill H
United States
Absecon
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"Shijuro" in Awatum (Serpent's Tongue)
badge
"A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play, his labour and his leisure, his mind and his body, his education and his recreation." LP Jacks
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
johnnyspys wrote:
Other questions if I may: Are you a fan of the other Legendary series of games? Did this one play in a similar fashion? Anything new? Still a good bit of fun or just more of the same feeling?

Most similar to Aliens version, but a few differences. I intend to post more in my mini-review bloggy geek list when I get a chance (I'm writing this on my phone in the dealers' room).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hiltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shijuro wrote:
I didn't look through the cards, I'll see if I can today.

It only appeared to be about a dozen or less cards. I believe the one that was visible through the packaging was a location, but I can't recall if it's a new one or a revision of an existing Alien location
.

Edit: it contains 16 revised Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game location and objectives) so that you can play Aliens vs. Predator scenarios.


Any word on whether we can get our grubby mitts on this via other means aside from conventions? BGG Store or the standard online game stores?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevan Corrêa
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
badge
Jogo Rápido
Avatar
mb
Can we have some pictures, please?! whistle
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shijuro wrote:
johnnyspys wrote:
Other questions if I may: Are you a fan of the other Legendary series of games? Did this one play in a similar fashion? Anything new? Still a good bit of fun or just more of the same feeling?

Most similar to Aliens version, but a few differences. I intend to post more in my mini-review bloggy geek list when I get a chance (I'm writing this on my phone in the dealers' room).

I look forward to the thread!
Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevan Corrêa
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
badge
Jogo Rápido
Avatar
mb

I've found something! ninja

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Del vecchio
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
justinhiltz wrote:
Shijuro wrote:
I didn't look through the cards, I'll see if I can today.

It only appeared to be about a dozen or less cards. I believe the one that was visible through the packaging was a location, but I can't recall if it's a new one or a revision of an existing Alien location
.

Edit: it contains 16 revised Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game location and objectives) so that you can play Aliens vs. Predator scenarios.


Any word on whether we can get our grubby mitts on this via other means aside from conventions? BGG Store or the standard online game stores?
Are they exclusive to gencon or included in every boxes?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cooper Christian
United States
La Habra
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Legendary: Fanboy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bought separately for $10. Not sure if gencon only or available elsewhere.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erick Araiza
Mexico
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Sweet!!!

To much cards and so Little time.... The Alien Vs Predator is a must...

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.