Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can their abilities be used/activated when they take damage that would destroy them?

From the rulebook: "When a Phoenixborn or Unit has a number of wound tokens equal to or greater than its life value that unit or Phoenixborn is immediately destroyed."

So can I use their abilities at the same time as them being destroyed (after all they did take damage), or no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bruder

Mount Laurel
New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes to both. This is what makes living doll so good! You can beef it up and hit it yourself or your opponent needs to needs to wait until you have no dice left if they don't want to get hit back!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scourn1
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Living doll says whatever one is less though. So even if she dies she has 0 hp so 0 damage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scourn1 wrote:
Living doll says whatever one is less though. So even if she dies she has 0 hp so 0 damage

Not true. According to the rulebook (under the Damage and Wound Tokens heading): "Wound tokens do not decrease a Phoenixborn or Unit's life. Life is constant unless changed by an ability." So her life would still be 3 (I think it's 3, I don't have the card in front of me).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agentkuo wrote:
scourn1 wrote:

Not true. According to the rulebook (under the Damage and Wound Tokens heading): "Wound tokens do not decrease a Phoenixborn or Unit's life. Life is constant unless changed by an ability." So her life would still be 3 (I think it's 3, I don't have the card in front of me).

correct living doll is 3 life, so if she takes 2 damage previously, then gets hit for 5 damage, even though it only takes 1 to kill her, you can still damage something for 3 damage as her life value is still 3

unless of course you beef her up with charm power dice first...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.