GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,869 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Supremacy 2020» Forums » General

Subject: Where can you buy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Bisasky
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where can you actually buy a copy? It says out of stock on the website, and the website is a little confusing to begin with. Has it actually been "printed" yet??? because I know there is a $45 "print & play" rights option...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vlad-the Impala
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only place to buy it so far is through that website. It has been printed, but the first run was used to fulfill the Kickstarter pledges and some pre-orders.

I guess the first print run is now sold out. If you want to know when a second print run will be done, I would use the "Contact Us" link on the website and ask. They are fairly good at replying to questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke O'Hearn
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's hoping CPG made enough profit to fund a second print run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Bisasky
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's awesome that the game really "made it". Maybe if they do not have a second-run at printing, they at least have the print and play option to buy it that way....though I have no clue how I would put all that crap together. I do at least have some components from my own v3 Supremacy set of course...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Midnight Reaper
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I want (to play) them all, and I want (to play) them now!
badge
Let Him Beware!
mbmbmbmbmb
marsbarr wrote:
There is a retailer around the Baltimore area that has 4 copies of the Kickstarter edition: Games n Stuff

Try them but I think they are going to go fast. Send me an email if you can't find them.

Make that 3 copies - because of this post, I dropped by and picked up a copy today...

Hey, Marshall - do you think you could post a listing of all of the retails that backed the game, or was G n S the only one?

-M_R
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Bisasky
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK thank you very much, I'll try to look for it (and I will also try to scrape up the cash for it, lol.) But I will make a serious attempt to buy it.

Say, you're in the Maryland/Baltimore area?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Midnight Reaper
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Let Him Beware!
mbmbmbmbmb
JimHackerMP wrote:
OK thank you very much, I'll try to look for it (and I will also try to scrape up the cash for it, lol.) But I will make a serious attempt to buy it.

Say, you're in the Maryland/Baltimore area?

You talking to me? {/Taxi Driver}
If you are, then yes, yes I do live in the area around Bawl'mer.

-M_R

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Bisasky
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where is Games nn Stuff, precisely?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Midnight Reaper
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Let Him Beware!
mbmbmbmbmb
JimHackerMP wrote:

Jim,

Games and Stuff is at
7385-G Baltimore Annapolis Blvd
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
Phone Number 1-410-863-7418

This address is just off of I-97 in Glen Burnie.

-M_R

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Miles
msg tools
mbmbmb
I believe there was a retailer reward on the kickstarter which contained 4 copies of the game. I think they are currently still sending out kickstarter and preorders as I've yet to receive my copy. I also understand that if there is a second print run it may become a little cheaper as some of the special kickstarter and preorder items, such as the plastic cards, will become cardboard and possibly a smaller game board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Bisasky
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the guy told me $180 on the phone at Games n Stuff, and that there was one copy he thought (poss. two) still in the store.

I think I'm going to wait for the second run, however cheaper that may be.

Print and play wouldn't necessarily be a bad option, considering that, having the original game, I've already got navies, armies and mushroom clouds right there! Could always use poker chips for the currency!

What by the way was 'wrong' with the original Supremacy that they fixed in Supremacy 2020? Somebody said the Market was of massive concern, as its rules end up benefiting only he who sells first, and the prices usually stay so depressed that selling quickly becomes a pointless thing to do.

However, I have yet to play in a "real" game so far. I've only been screwing around with it myself to learn the rules. I feel I could adapt the original rules, if only I knew what to "fix" and how.

Still, I really really wish I had $140 (as the original price on the CPG website advertized) to blow because I would buy the thing in a heartbeat!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Woodward
United States
Bowling Green
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased the print & play version, and I highly suggest this. I'm not entirely sure my group will get into this game, so I printed everything out as cheaply as possible to try tomorrow night. If it's a success, I will put more effort and money into it. It's well worth the extra work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaldo Horta Jr
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
midnight_reaper wrote:
JimHackerMP wrote:

Jim,

Games and Stuff is at
7385-G Baltimore Annapolis Blvd
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
Phone Number 1-410-863-7418

This address is just off of I-97 in Glen Burnie.

-M_R

Went there today and found 3 copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom O'Neill
United States
Pacific
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
twood1972 wrote:
I purchased the print & play version, and I highly suggest this. I'm not entirely sure my group will get into this game, so I printed everything out as cheaply as possible to try tomorrow night. If it's a success, I will put more effort and money into it. It's well worth the extra work!

How much did you spend to produce it cheaply?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.