Subject: Austrian 3 ranks or 4 ranks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Massimo Cesaro
Italy
Sorrento
flag msg tools
mbmb
Why in Prague (2014) the Austrians fusiliers have 3 ranks and in Kolin (1994) the Austrian fusiliers have 4 ranks ?? Someone can give me solution ??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that Browne specifically ordered his army to use three-rank lines. Daun's army (the one portrayed at Kolin) as well as most other Austrian forces was still using four ranks at this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If Browne had survived, that whole war might have turned out quite a bit differently...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew Hinkle
United States
Burns
Wyoming
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul Borchers is correct. Browne arranged and ordered the infantry regiments in 3 ranks, presumable to extend the frontage of the army. There was a lot of area to cover at Prague with a long right flank. For Kolin, the less innovative Daun reverted to 4 ranks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimo Cesaro
Italy
Sorrento
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you very much and also for create this wonderful game in this nice series I am playng from twenty years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.