Marvel Dice Masters: Age of Ultron» Forums » Rules

Subject: magnetic monster magneto rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent Paul
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Has there been any clarity on this card?

While fielded ko all non zombie magnetos. While active, opposing characters with purchase cost of 3 or lower lose their abilities. Professor x can't be fielded.

Does that mean the purchase price on the card or the dice?

Does this also mean my opponent can't field professor x if he plays this magneto?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Purchase cost always mean the card. Fielding cost would be the dice.

No player can field Professor X while he's active.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Paul
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drcigg wrote:

While fielded ko all non zombie magnetos. While active, opposing characters with purchase cost of 3 or lower lose their abilities. Professor x can't be fielded.

Does this also mean my opponent can't field professor x if he plays this magneto?

And because Dice Masters is so ambiguous with their wording, I still don't know if that means remove all characters that are non-zombie Magneto or just all Magnetos that are non-zombie. Anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goblinsavingthrow wrote:
drcigg wrote:

And because Dice Masters is so ambiguous with their wording, I still don't know if that means remove all characters that are non-zombie Magneto or just all Magnetos that are non-zombie. Anyone?

All Magnetos that are non-Zombie.

http://wizkids.com/dicemasters/marvelzombies/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pk2317 wrote:
goblinsavingthrow wrote:
drcigg wrote:

All Magnetos that are non-Zombie.

http://wizkids.com/dicemasters/marvelzombies/

Thank you Paul! I hope Wizkids gives you some kind of kickback because you are so helpful. I was only really confused by it since non-zombie Magneto does not exist in the set. Seriously though, all your insight here is greatly appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danny marr
msg tools
i understand this card the first time I read it I have a scenario I need clarification on I have Magnetic Magnetic Monster which is Zombie- when fielded Ko all non-z Magneto. While active, opposing characters with the Cost of 3 or lower lose their abilities. Professor X can't be fielded. And they have a Raven Azarath, Metrion, Zinthos! just summoned which does While Raven is active, your Mask and Teen Titans characters cannot be targeted by your opponents. OR visa versa they have the raven and just summon magneto.

with the two abilities going head to head If i am not mistaking in the rule if my magneto is out first then all the opponents characters would lose their abilities even after they fielded the raven but if they have raven first then her ability would come before magneto's or does magneto win out no matter she is out first or not with his ability.

Not 100% sure how it works there with those if some one can please help with this situation. And if at all possible how did you come to your conclusion and if you can provide how you got the info web site or what have you that be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jesterruller4u wrote:
i understand this card the first time I read it I have a scenario I need clarification on I have Magnetic Magnetic Monster which is Zombie- when fielded Ko all non-z Magneto. While active, opposing characters with the Cost of 3 or lower lose their abilities. Professor X can't be fielded. And they have a Raven Azarath, Metrion, Zinthos! just summoned which does While Raven is active, your Mask and Teen Titans characters cannot be targeted by your opponents. OR visa versa they have the raven and just summon magneto.

with the two abilities going head to head If i am not mistaking in the rule if my magneto is out first then all the opponents characters would lose their abilities even after they fielded the raven but if they have raven first then her ability would come before magneto's or does magneto win out no matter she is out first or not with his ability.

Not 100% sure how it works there with those if some one can please help with this situation. And if at all possible how did you come to your conclusion and if you can provide how you got the info web site or what have you that be great.

Two things: Raven is a 4-cost character, so she isn't affected by Zombie Magneto.

Secondly, Zombie Magneto doesn't "target", since you don't choose a limited number of targets - it affects anyone/everyone meeting a condition (3 or less purchase cost). So any 3-cost or less Teen Titans would lose their abilities, since they're not being "targeted" so Raven doesn't protect them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.