GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,804 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question on activating special ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christophe Montoya
msg tools
Hi there

Sorry for asking what could be a silly question but I seem to be told different things on this.

I want to know what it means by you have to activate a card of same type first to activate that card.

So lets say I have a range card that has 3 attack but the villain is 6 defence. I use the first card and hit for 3 attack. Then my second card is a range card as well with 1 attack but a plus 2 for a previous range attack, does that mean I can use it even though I did not actually complete the attack on the first card.

Or do I need to actually complete an action that has an actual outcome which means it was used so either take down a villain or buy a hero.

I hope you can help me...

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't think of playing each card as it's own action, per se, but rather as parts of a larger machine for your current turn.

In the example you gave, you would play the first card and "bank" +3///. Then, your second card would play giving you +1///. However, since you had previously played a blue/ranged card, it activated the bonus on your second card, thus giving you that +2///.

At this point, assuming no other cards to play (or previously played), you've "banked" 6/// (3+1+2) for that turn and can go after the villain.

Just remember, that "bank" of points can't continue forward to following turns. It's a case of "Use It or Lose It" each turn because the start of the next player's turn, everything resets for you and you're back to 0 Attack and 0 Recruit points.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
You should be reading this comic.
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't actually fight villains each time you play a card. (Well, you can, but you don't normally)

You can play all/any of your cards (one at a time) and add up all of your fight points and recruit points.

So using your example, you'd play your 1st ranged card, then your second ranged card, and you'd have a total of 6 fight. You can then use that 6 fight against any villain(s) whose Fight totals 6 or less.

Basically, think of all your Fight and Recruit going into a pool (a "mana pool" if you will), from which you can withdraw at any time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Montoya
msg tools
Thanks for the answers both..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.