Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Repeat Dance

Lincoln
Nebraska
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Caveat: This is my first time playing AS so this may be a really stupid question.

In the solo setup rules, it says: "Select ten mercenaries and lay them out in front of you like normal."

Which ten mercenaries do I select? Ten of my choosing? If I'm not mistaken (and if I have it right above) there are 21 mercenary types total in the game. What should guide me on how to pick them, if anything?

Bonus rulebook nitpick: Why is there no table in the rulebook with all the iconography clearly defined? (There seems to be no indication of the "people" icon ANYWHERE in the rulebook, which is amazing, since it's the main card type for the whole game.)

TIA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Downie
United Kingdom
Wirral
Merseyside
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the solo game as there is no Junkyard avoid any merc that only boosts digging.
I'd recommend adding the Medic as they are the only ones that can add medicine for hiring.
Keep some cheap cards in there (1/2 food hiring) for the start of the game and add in more powerful fighters to hire once you've got enough resources at hand.

As to your other point, you're right. I had a quick skim of the base rulebook again and the person icon only appears on page 12 under the sniper action. Weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.