DungeonQuest Revised Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Thoughts on DungeonQuest announcements at Gencon?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kristijan Petrovski
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG is a huge company, with LOTS of titles under their belt. Lots of them huge success stories, well deserved!

One of my favourite games is DungeonQuest... I was excited when I heard that FFG was remaking it! They have a great track record for high quality components, combine with the time-tested game play of this classic it was a definite win in my book ...

I know its not FFG's biggest money maker, and they have so many new projects on the move... But I was hoping something new might be displayed for DQ... A new expansion of sorts... A hero pack maybe... New dungeon tiles... Any new announcement would put a smile on my face!

So if anyone finds some announcements or reveals please post!! I will try and keep my hear to the ground from Canada and hope I find something!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristijan Petrovski
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well Runebound 3rd ed. was just announced! Thanks a lot... Lol Just kidding I'm really excited for this one too!!!

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1410522/ffg-just-announced-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Barrera
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The game needs an expansion with more characters and more cards for the most common decks.

I'm also hoping something will come out sooner or later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzo wrote:
The game needs an expansion with more characters and more cards for the most common decks.

I think FFG is really missing the boat on this one. A character pack and additional cards would be pretty easy expansions to make. They already have tons of hero sculpts from Descent they could use.
I'd also like to see what they could do in the way of building upon the game too.
I'm not privy to any sales figures, but maybe DQ sales aren't worth the effort of expansions. Too bad if that's true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Barrera
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
VonMeister wrote:
skyzo wrote:

I think FFG is really missing the boat on this one. A character pack and additional cards would be pretty easy expansions to make. They already have tons of hero sculpts from Descent they could use.
I'd also like to see what they could do in the way of building upon the game too.
I'm not privy to any sales figures, but maybe DQ sales aren't worth the effort of expansions. Too bad if that's true.

I do think they are missing the boat as well. Upon getting the game I wrote an email to FFG saying thanks for re-releasing such an old school game and praising its qualities and uniqueness.

I also critised how little variety the game has out of the box, so little in fact that I would probably sell the game if no expansions were released, simply because there's not enough variety in heroes and cards (dungeon deck I'm looking at you).

I don't think sales were so bad, the game was reprinted so at least a full print run was sold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.