GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,411 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Triumph & Tragedy» Forums » General

Subject: Rulebook and How to Play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine yesterday, and looking through the rules, is it just me or are others finding it hard how discern to actually play out of that rulebook? It is pretty, but dang I am finding the flow of play hard to figure out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it was clear from the rules. And the playbook has examples of play that cover complete turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Swider
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks straight forward to me, especially as it seems like it's a simplification of the EastFront II system. Of course getting it on the table and walking through the sequence of play may unearth some questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the playbook. I sat with both at the same time. Read rule section then read example in the playbook. Very clear to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Must be me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
cscottk wrote:
Must be me.

Is there something in particular that you're having troubling grokking? Maybe we can help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing in particular yet other than when I was reading the rulebook, I just wasn't getting any idea of the flow of the game. I plan on stickering it soon, and maybe set it up to help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Manoff
United States
Haymarket
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott,

You will want to play a good part of the game solitaire the first time. That will help you get the mechanics down. It is "different" as wargames go, but I am really enjoying it.

It will be a must 3-player with you and Blake. The years initially move along pretty quickly as there isn't any movement going on.

I also read through the rules twice and then the player's book. That really helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Swider
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cscottk wrote:
Nothing in particular yet other than when I was reading the rulebook, I just wasn't getting any idea of the flow of the game. I plan on stickering it soon, and maybe set it up to help.

Just finished our first game. There was the initial hemming and hawing to get started but after the first 2-3 turns we had the basic flow down. Of course lots of errors made in mechanics and strategy but at least we got the first run jitters out and am pretty sure the second one will be easier after a rulebook reread.

Rip off the bandaid ... think "1, 2, 3" but yank it off when you get to "2" and you'll do fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re-read the rules today at lunch. Clicked much better. And, as it did, I must say, this game looks slick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And now played on Sunday. Fantastic game, intuitive, and, frankly, fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.