Thunderstone Advance: Towers of Ruin» Forums » Variants

Subject: Custom Card Template rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
THE TEMPLATES ARE IN THE FILE SECTION

I just made a template for custom Hero, Village and Monster cards. They are just waiting on a moderator to accept the files.

Each file is a Photoshop file. The files are well organized and therefore easy to use when you want to enter in your own custom values and descriptions. They are all high resolution and ready to be printed! All you need to do is supply some art and your imagination.

I went through the forums and I was shocked to learn there doesn't seem to be a strong mod community for this game! Come on! We need people creating custom cards now more than ever, since this game has been dropped by the publisher.

So use my files and start creating!

Here are some silly examples:

IMPORTANT: If you notice anything wrong with my template let me know. If there is something I didn't add, like a particular class, let me know. I tried to match the font as best I could but if you notice the lowercase "g" is different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great! My only comment so far is that the font in the text boxes looks a little large, and the line spacing is off. (On each card, the space between lines 1 and 2, and between lines 3 and 4, should be smaller.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
tankbard wrote:
Looks great! My only comment so far is that the font in the text boxes looks a little large, and the line spacing is off. (On each card, the space between lines 1 and 2, and between lines 3 and 4, should be smaller.)

Interesting. I lined them up with the print and play cards available on this site, I believe. I'll compare them to other cards and make changes if necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Examples from image gallery:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1235517/thunderstone-adv...
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1941495/thunderstone-adv...
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1695523/thunderstone-adv...
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1388207/thunderstone-adv...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
tankbard wrote:

Don't know why I didn't notice that. I'll fix it. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Mosbaugh
United States
san leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Interesting... I only recently got into the game and am loving it, particularly as a solo game. This has me kicking around re-theming Thunderstone with old favorite fantasy worlds - Dragonlance (where I am currently renewing my dual citizenship with Krynn by binge reading at work...) would easily lend itself and be unique enough to be distinct. The assorted classes/races lend themselves to a variety of heroes, and the 'level 4' heroes from a couple of the old expansions lead me to believe that a single level 4 named hero (you know the names, don't you?) would be feasible... and there are enough monsters on Krynn to have a wide enough variety to insure replayability... maybe replace the 'Thunderstone bearer' with bearer of a certain lance... or orb... or hammer... or just some of the named archvillians from throughout the saga...

On that note, were I to put in the time, would intellectual property / copyright issues keep me from doing a commercially done print on demand for myself? Not as in making multiple copies for sale, but like BattleTech: Domination ... WoTC's lawyers scare me and a problem with them could conceivably cost me my job... any advice as to how to avoid such issues??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
If anyone has or can obtain a high resolution scan of the card backs, please share it with me so I can include it in the template.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.