Hide
5 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can a runner run away? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
audrius Bulotas
msg tools
I know a runner can run away after he deals with a piece of ICE, but if he decides to attack, and ICE is rezzed, can he still run away without dealing with subroutines? (i heard runner can use a click and run away) just wanna clarify this thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, first he 'approaches' the ICE. This is where he can jack out (note that you cannot jack out when approaching the first piece of ICE on a server).

He chooses whether or not to jack out, if he doesn't he continues with the run. Now the Corp decides whether or not to rez it, if it's un-rezzed. If he does rez it, the Runner must encounter it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Karyuudo wrote:
(i heard runner can use a click and run away) just wanna clarify this thanks
no, a runner can't do that.

perhaps you are thinking of Bioroid ICE, which allow runners to spend clicks to break subroutines, but this is not the same as jacking out (running away, as you called it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Purcell
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Master Turtler
mbmbmbmbmb
What a beautiful question. The answer is no.

Signed,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Evil Corporate CEO
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loc .
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
Karyuudo wrote:
I know a runner can run away after he deals with a piece of ICE, but if he decides to attack, and ICE is rezzed, can he still run away without dealing with subroutines? (i heard runner can use a click and run away) just wanna clarify this thanks

You can run away, but it's pretty poor form to get up and skip out mid game... Plus do you pack your cards up first or are you just going to bolt? devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.