Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Rae
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well thank goodness the drought is over and I can finally say I am a samurai winner. It has been a long wait and this was my forth game before I finally secured a win. I have found samurai simple and easy to get involved with but my mind grasped full comprehension yet. This happens sometiems when you know the game, teh mechanics but a good comprehension of strategy is just beyond your grasp. This is samurai.

This was a three player game which aids my case eyt the board had a lot of pairings. Lots of places to play good tiles for double benefit and hecne lots of opportunities.

I made an early play at Tokyo and scored two of the resulting pieces after there was lots of activity around it early. Tehre was lots of competition for the rice paddies and everyone ahd a couple lined up so thinking I could get a cheap majority I tried extra hard for those.

As the game developed there was a whole on the board with a ton of different budda's. Noone seemed to have budda tiles and so I used my wildcards to fill out teh area and ende up with another double haul followed by a single haul in the same area.

The king hut though came three quarters of the way through. Matt had dominated the north side of the board and had 5 points on the final double spot. I had to wait a long long time for any of my ships or my ronan to come out but they came at the right time as I played a 2 ship a 1 ship and a 3 ronin to take both peices. This turned out to be a king hit and matt was left rueing not takign the pieces the turn before. It happens.

So there it was, my first victory with a clear majority in rice , a tied majority in buddas that knocked out Jacob and a couple of highhats for good measure. All up a 6 - 4 point win. it remains one of my games rated 9.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, this prompted me to learn something new - Edo was renamed Tokyo in 1868, during the "Meiji" revolution. The samurai order was abolished at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.