GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,858 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Mistfall» Forums » Rules

Subject: Relentless... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Simons
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mb
I have tried to have a look through the forums for this but have not seen an exact answer.

I'm guessing that you are able to stay in the location that has just been cleared and made safe to finish off these stubborn beasts. I guess the only down point is that the time track will progress, as per Time phase.

At least you will be able to get a good rest in. I find in my last few attempts of 'Into the Wilds' I had relentless enemies at every location and was unable to rest at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Watts
United Kingdom
Southwell
Notts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rules (Page 11) you cannot Rest unless the location is also empty (there are no enemies in play).

Also I think that the relentless creatures never leave your Hero area, even if you relocate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Slater
United Kingdom
Liskeard
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

You really need to clear all relentless enemies to stand a chance..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Benedikt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Relentless enemies never get dispersed, not even when you relocate.

As long as there are monsters in play, you cannot rest.

Your focus only resets to it's standard value, when you finish an encounter. This means fighting monsters after the end of an encounter will set you off with much higher foucs than normal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Simons
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mb
So if I took another round to clear the relentless beasts I should be able to rest and heal up before moving on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Watts
United Kingdom
Southwell
Notts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jaredsimonsnz wrote:
So if I took another round to clear the relentless beasts I should be able to rest and heal up before moving on.

That's correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rall Eru
Sweden
flag msg tools
I'm still not sure I understand how Relentless work.
1. Encounter with a Relentless enemy ends.
2. Disperse all but the Relentless.
3. Improve location.
4. 2 treasures.
5. Resting? Or not since there is still an enemy?
6. Reset focus? Or not?
7. Draw upp to card limit.
8. Discard encounter.
9. Time Phase.
10. New round. Do I have to kill the Relentless enemy before moving on? Can I skip it? If I want to kill the relentless enemy, how does it work? No encounter, just attack him and then time phase?

I feel the rulebook is very unclear regarding this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I am not mistaken, Relentless enemy will stay on your Hero area even if you travel to another location. (The Enemy is relentlessly hunting you down.). So I guess you should take another turn to defeat it before moving on. Or you can play some cards that will place Relentless enemy on the Quest area when the Active Encounter is resolved as the effect of Relentless only triggers when Enemy is on Hero area. So you can disperse and discard Enemy with the Relentless ability on the Quest Area.

Remember, even if the Active Encounter is resolved, if Relentless Enemy is on the Hero Arra, you cannot Rest to Restore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ralleru wrote:
I'm still not sure I understand how Relentless work.
3. Improve location.
4. 2 treasures.
6. Reset focus? Or not?
8. Discard encounter.
9. Time Phase.
10. New round. Do I have to kill the Relentless enemy before moving on? Can I skip it? If I want to kill the relentless enemy, how does it work? No encounter, just attack him and then time phase?

2. disperse all but relentless in [H] area unless Relentless has [Q] as well. Check that the relentless have not made others relentless as well.
3. Yes (If you succeeded in the Encounter)
4. Yes (If you succeeded in the Encounter)
5. If at the start of the Encounter Phase there is no Active Encounter in play,the Active Location is Safe and empty (there are no Enemies in play) so Both Q and H areas. This also applies in the Encounter Aftermath but after Disperse Enemies.
6. Yes (If you succeeded in the Encounter)
7. Yes (If you succeeded in the Encounter)
8. Yes but this comes before the rest and only if you succeeded or retreated.
9. After Encounter Aftermath.
10. The Relentless stay with you in your [H] area.

Use the play aid card follow the round steps when you have successfully completed an encounter, flip it and follow the steps for Encounter Aftermath, flip it and continue with the Round , Time phase is the last action of each round.

Even when you have no Active encounter and do not Travel you still play through all the Rounds , the Encounter Round becomes a rest if no active encounter or enemies in play ([H] or [Q]).

This means you can play cards in the Hero Phase to prepare and/or eliminate those relentless enemies and then restore in the Encounter Phase.

The last few pages of the rule book 16-18 are fundamental to the play, the tracks and action sequence is explained in detail.
not forgetting the Focus Reset which only appears on the player aid card Encounter Aftermath section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rall Eru
Sweden
flag msg tools
Starman54 wrote:
[q="Ralleru"]I'm still not sure I understand how Relentless work.
3. Improve location.
4. 2 treasures.
6. Reset focus? Or not?
8. Discard encounter.
9. Time Phase.

2. disperse all but relentless in [H] area unless Relentless has
Quote:
as well. Check that the relentless have not made others relentless as well.
5. If at the start of the Encounter Phase there is no Active Encounter in play,the Active Location is Safe and empty (there are no Enemies in play) so Both Q and H areas. This also applies in the Encounter Aftermath but after Disperse Enemies.

Use the play aid card follow the round steps when you have successfully completed an encounter, flip it and follow the steps for Encounter Aftermath, flip it and continue with the Round , Time phase is the last action of each round.

Even when you have no Active encounter and do not Travel you still play through all the Rounds , the Encounter Round becomes a rest if no active encounter or enemies in play ([H] or [Q]).

This means you can play cards in the Hero Phase to prepare and/or eliminate those relentless enemies and then restore in the Encounter Phase.

The last few pages of the rule book 16-18 are fundamental to the play, the tracks and action sequence is explained in detail.
not forgetting the Focus Reset which only appears on the player aid card Encounter Aftermath section.

So if I'm playing a 2 player game (P1 and P2) and two relentless enemies (R1 and R2) in [H]@P1 and [Q] respectively. When I reach the End (success!) of an encounter I do the following in order (reading from the player aid card).

1. Disperse nothing as all enemies are relentless. They stay in their positions, [H]@P1 and [Q]. Or both go to [Q]?
2. Improve, 2 treasures, NO RESTING since enemies at [H]@P1 and [Q], reset focus, draw upp to card limit, discard active encounter (not before rest as your said).
3. Time card.
<next round>
4. No active encounter so this goes to 0.
5. Here we have a choice. Either we move and keep the enemies at [H]@P1 and [Q] or we stay here and fight. Lets say we fight.
6. R2 in [Q] moves to [H]@P2 (he has the highest threat).
7. Hero phase.
8. Defense phase.
9. No encounter so we only check if it's safe (no enemies left) then we rest, if not safe then nothing happens. So if we killed them both we are starting the next turn with higher the normal threat.
10. Time card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ralleru wrote:
[q="Starman54"][q="Ralleru"]I'm still not sure I understand how Relentless work.
3. Improve location.
4. 2 treasures.
6. Reset focus? Or not?
8. Discard encounter.
9. Time Phase.

2. disperse all but relentless in [H] area unless Relentless has
Quote:
as well. Check that the relentless have not made others relentless as well.

So if I'm playing a 2 player game (P1 and P2) and two relentless enemies (R1 and R2) in [H]@P1 and
Quote:
respectively. When I reach the End (success!) of an encounter I do the following in order (reading from the player aid card).

1. Disperse nothing as all enemies are relentless. They stay in their positions, [H]@P1 and [Q]. Or both go to [Q]?
2. Improve, 2 treasures, NO RESTING since enemies at [H]@P1 and [Q], reset focus, draw upp to card limit, discard active encounter (not before rest as your said).
3. Time card.
<next round>
4. No active encounter so this goes to 0.
5. Here we have a choice. Either we move and keep the enemies at [H]@P1 and [Q] or we stay here and fight. Lets say we fight.
6. R2 in [Q] moves to [H]@P2 (he has the highest threat).
7. Hero phase.
8. Defense phase.
9. No encounter so we only check if it's safe (no enemies left) then we rest, if not safe then nothing happens. So if we killed them both we are starting the next turn with higher the normal threat.
10. Time card.

I think that sounds about right to me, the threat (enemy Focus) question has been answered by Błażej.

I do feel there is a case if you start the round with no active quests or enemies then you can reset focus during Encounter Phase.

Then again it could mean as you are avoiding them they are hunting you more voraciously. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.