Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
So, if England takes over Scotland (by capturing Edinborough and then converting the two adjacent spaces) is there anyway for Scotland to return? I suppose you could have play "City State Rebels", but that's just one card.

Similarly for other minors, is there anyway for them to return except City State? Genoa has Andrea Doria, and something else can change who activates them, but if they are gone ...

And a second question -- Barbary coast says Algiers is now in play. So I assume it's not in play before the pirates? I couldn't find anything in the rules/scenario book to confirm that, but I may have just missed it? [If it is in play, what happens if someone takes it prior to the Pirates card?]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Karlsson
Sweden
Linköping
Östergötland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another way is if the minor is allied to a major and that major takes (back) control of any of the minor's areas. Then the minor is back in play (in the sense that it's troops can now again be built).

21.1, Barbary Pirates and Pirate Havens: "Prior to [Barbary Pirates], the Algiers space is out of play and can not be entered by units of any power. ..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Forster
United States
Pleasant Prairie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning" - Dr. Reiner Knizia
mbmbmbmbmb
If a minor power was "activated" rather than captured, the cards Diplomatic Marriage and Venetian Alliance can deactivate them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.