New South Wales
flag msg tools
Procurer of rare and exclusive titles.
badge
I'm blue daba dee daba die daba deeeeeee daba die
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Eldritch Horror (base game)
2) Forsaken Lore (small box)
3) Mountain of Madness (big box - Antarctica)
4) Strange Remnants (sb)
5) Underneath the Pyramids (bb - Pyramids)
6) New sb expansion
7) New bb expansion - Amazon
8) New sb expansion
9) New bb - Himalayas
10) New sb expansion
11) New bb - Tunguska
12) New sb expansion
13) New bb - Africa
14) New sb expansion
15) New bb - Arkham: 6 spaces - Arkham City, Miskatonic University, Outskirts, Dunwich, Kingsport, Innsmouth

Within the sb expansions, it would be cool if we get a Dreamland focused one and also an Underwater expedition focused one - maybe even around R'lyeh.

tldr: many many new ancient ones and investigators ahead.

edit: it doesn't have to be in that order of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sigh ... I'm in need of a second job. And more leisure time. And a bigger gaming table.
Or even better: a big inheritance ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Gaskill
United States
Bridgeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Dreamlands would be really cool between EH & BL2 my wallet
is shrinking at some point I'll need to arrange a direct deposit
of my pension to FFG .

OD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruud
Netherlands
Amsterdam
Noord - Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
Sigh ... I'm in need of a second job. And more leisure time. And a bigger gaming table.

Solves two problems, bye pesky inlaws, hello Eldritch!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Wang
Australia
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Procurer of rare and exclusive titles.
badge
I'm blue daba dee daba die daba deeeeeee daba die
mbmbmbmbmb
Ruud2009 wrote:
PzVIE wrote:

Lose 2 sanity, gain a dark pact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard Sutterfield
United States
Fort Smith
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A huge campaign called masks of narlothotep

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Old Dwarf wrote:
at some point I'll need to arrange a direct deposit
of my pension to FFG

That would be money well-spent!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thompson machine gun asset. Its on the box dammit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Severn Valley, England expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally hope that FFG will not continue with these "Expedition" expansions. Antarctica was nice... Pyramids are also good. But I'd be disappointed if they don't come up with something new and exciting. Otherwise I'd be more excited about the small box expansions than the big boxes. But we'll see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theodore Thompson
United States
Elko
NV
flag msg tools
The most glaring problem I am seeing is that the major city encounters like Rome, Shanghai, Istanbul, San Francisco and Sydney are not working very well as advertised. Generally, you come to this places early game to get improvements for late game. It is really a smack in the face to expect players to have clues/focus tokens in order to satisfy requirements. In the early Eldritch Horror without expansions, Lily Chen was really exciting to play. Typically, she'd improve all her traits and become pretty heroic. That never happens now. She spends several turns in Shanghai and never really get's that lore upgrade.

I like the extra cards because they add new stories to the mix, and that means replayability and longevity. If the same encounter keeps coming up, the game loses its story feel and becomes a game again. So, removing the cards that give you blesses in Shanghai, a unique task asset in Shanghai or even a need to have clue/focus tokens to improve a trait is not really the best option, because it takes away from the story factor (which these annoying "other stuff" cards offer.

What I would like to see, is a revamped quantity of regular improvement cards so the spaces on the board regain their integrity. I don't mind getting a unique task asset for an encounter IF I get an improvement on the second turn. A delay is a delay. However, after three turns...that character is losing you the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dillenbeck
United States
Deerfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wishlist?

1) more Ancient One and Investigator specific cards. Use a core of location cards and then add based on the mix of ancient ones and investigators chosen (or randomly assigned) to play - and do the same for mysteries, mythos cards, assets, and so on. (Probably a big box expansion or two to catch up the old components to this design format that is intended to keep component creep per game down.)

EXAMPLE: You are playing Lily Chen, Jim Culver, Silas Marsh, and George Barnaby against Cthulhu. For the asset deck you take the 15 core cards, then mix in 5 of the 10 asset cards from each investigator, 10 of the 10 Cthulhu item cards, and then mix remaining investigator asset cards with the 30 general asset card and add 15 more to make a deck of 60 possible assets. Even if you play the exact same investigators again, the asset mix available will be different. Or simplify it to 20 of 30 core cards, and then 10 investigator and ancient one cards (quicker setup, less variation per game... its always a tradeoff). Do the same with locations, gates, monster tokens, and so on to have a "tailored narrative" based designed for the mix you've selected - and thus everyone will both be useful and challenged.

2) Story Line Mysteries (small box) - Each Ancient One mystery deck gets split into 6-10 decks. After solving the "base" mystery, the icon on it tells you which deck to draw from next. These decks are designed to form a more narrative change and shift from "introductory" to "main plot" to "final conflict" - and the AO has the "hail mary pass" mystery to solve. The mysteries would start out easy and then get harder as they go.

3) Decision Dice (small box) - something that would change the "roll and get successes to pass" into something where pure success is rare and the player will often have to choose something bad to get a success they desire. This would give agency and decision making into when you succeed and fail.

5) Component Expansion: Condition Card Sleeves (small box accessory expansion) - sleeves designed to hold double sided cards. Opaque and thematic backs remove the need to worry about seeing the backs or doing special shuffling/draw techniques, and they would also be designed for removing the condition cards easily.

I think these are the ways I'd like to see the game expanded. Otherwise, I've been happy with the way they've chosen to design and expand the game so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Straddllw wrote:
Ruud2009 wrote:
PzVIE wrote:

Lose 2 sanity, gain a dark pact.

Lost my sanity already when I started boardgaming ... now for that dark pact, where can I sign? meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
Verbosity wrote:
2) Story Line Mysteries (small box) - Each Ancient One mystery deck gets split into 6-10 decks. After solving the "base" mystery, the icon on it tells you which deck to draw from next. These decks are designed to form a more narrative change and shift from "introductory" to "main plot" to "final conflict" - and the AO has the "hail mary pass" mystery to solve. The mysteries would start out easy and then get harder as they go.

Sounds like a terrible amount of extra decks. EH already takes up the entire table; I don't know about you, but I'd rather not have to buy a second table just for EH.

Verbosity wrote:
3) Decision Dice (small box) - something that would change the "roll and get successes to pass" into something where pure success is rare and the player will often have to choose something bad to get a success they desire. This would give agency and decision making into when you succeed and fail.

Color me interested. Do you have more specific ideas about this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Muhammad Akmal
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmb
I wanna see a sb with ancient ones. Like 3-4 that would be pretty cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Germany
Attendorn
flag msg tools
mb
What's an "sb"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
diceman2k4 wrote:
What's an "sb"?

I go with small box

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Kelly
United States
Petersburg
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the OP, I would take SB to mean Small Box (expansion).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A
United States
flag msg tools
I want to see a big box expansion where the regular Other World Encounter deck is completely replaced by a special deck you encounter for gates. And then on some of these cards, if you successfully pass the test (or 2), you actually step through the gate and are transported to a space on The Dreamlands sideboard.

From there, you can imagine all sorts of things you will have to do to complete mysteries, hunt down adventure tokens, and defeat ancient ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to see more innovative ancient ones. Every ancient one seems to have very similar mysteries. Spend clues, defeat epic monster, resolve test at x location etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Speer
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Gravity Falls
badge
Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, bye!
mbmbmbmbmb
Fatesadvent wrote:
I want to see more innovative ancient ones. Every ancient one seems to have very similar mysteries. Spend clues, defeat epic monster, resolve test at x location etc.

Think that's going to be hard because that's the design space they have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Zee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What I'd like is AO specific Prelude cards - rather than a big pile of random preludes. The new Prelude cards would only refer to the specific AO. So, rather than shuffling all Preludes you'd shuffle only the prelude cards specific to the AO. Less random and more coherent in terms of narrative. They could, also, have prelude text which directly relates to the specific AO - helping to set the scene.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Kaworu17 wrote:
Fatesadvent wrote:

Think that's going to be hard because that's the design space they have.

I think the issue is more that Ancient Ones come with a lot more stuff in EH than in Arkham. So you get one in a small box and two in a big one.

Introducing one that totally flips the game on its head would be cool, but if people are put off by the idea then I guess that expansion wouldn't really sell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flipping the game is not a bad thing, always. Look what happened with Elder Sign: the new expansion renovated a good portion of the game's functionality but everyone loves it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Busby
United Kingdom
Southampton
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kungfro wrote:
Flipping the game is not a bad thing, always. Look what happened with Elder Sign: the new expansion renovated a good portion of the game's functionality but everyone loves it.

Mainly because with GOA you felt a little more like you were going on an adventure and a little less like you were playing Yahtzee, but I digress...

Will all the expedition areas get big boxes? What we've seen so far would suggest so, but some of the expeditions seem a little more viable than others.

Africa: Masks of Nyarlathotep / Kenya and Congo sourcebooks seems like a pretty obvious RPG texts to steal from. As for the canon, Arthur Jermyn / The Outpost / The Venus of Azombeii and Winged Death all spring to mind as obvious Mythos sources. Most of the works of H Rider Haggard would also fit the pulp vibe very well. Although its out of timeframe, references to some of Solomon Kane's African adventures would also work, given that Howard also published for Weird Tales.

Amazon: There's a fair few RPG adventures set in Mesoamerica (Pagan Publishing's Final Flight / the Peruvian section of Day of the Beast / Temple of the Moon and the very good Children of the Yellow Lake (See: http://www.epberglund.com/RGttCM/nightscapes/NS08/ns8gam2.ht... ) There's always the danger that the Amazonian "Jungle" and, if not well-written, becomes somewhat interchangeable with Africa "Jungle", losing some of its flavour.

Himalayas: It's not Mythos-based but Hilton's Lost Horizon is the obvious text to riff off. Spawn of Azathoth has a section based in the Himalayas, and if the board extends out towards India, and focus a little less on the Mythos, then there's a lot more material to use by working in elements of Indian mythology, as well as the Thugee cult, what became of Wilkie's Collins Moonstone (an excellent book, BTW) and the works of Kipling. (Phantom Rickshaw, anyone?)

Tunguska: This is probably the trickiest one. From the RPG, there's always TOMEs Secrets of the Kremlin, Machine Factory Kharkov 37 and Sleigh Ride (from Fearful Passages). Given that Eldritch Horror tends to run with pulp tropes, then espionage and the real life horrors of Stalin's Russia might also provide a fair amount of material to work with.

Of course, we needn't limit ourselves to expeditions. Personally I think an Orient Express board would be a nice addition to the game and would fill out Europe pretty. The British Isles could easily have its own board, given the amount of horror stories set there, especially considering its geopolitical significance in the timescale.

For those with Arkham Horror that are keen to play in these environments, its worth adding the Tim Wilkinson Lewis' Door To Saturn expansion might be worth a glance ( https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/142409/door-saturn-fan-e... )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.