Dave Peters
United States
Belmont
California
flag msg tools
Powers:Coleridge:Milton: Faith...must be, if anything, a clear-eyed recognition of the patterns and tendencies, to be found in every piece of the world's fabric, which are the lineaments of God.
badge
That's Tim Powers' fictional Samuel Coleridge "quoting" John Milton in _The Anubis Gates_.
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently managed to annoy an administrator by submitting a few incorrect eBay auctions. While I was/am entirely guilty of the fault, I immediately filed a problem report on the auction.

I was told that there's no record in the problem report of who filed it. So there's absolutely no advantage to me (other than some possibly misguided maintenance of a personal sense of honor) in so filing. By filing the problem report, I just bring the bad auction to the attention of the overworked administrator.

So: might it be possible to have a "revoke this auction that I'd submitted" feature? It seems reasonable to me that the revocation would cost at least 0.05GG (the maximum that one could possibly have earned from submitting an auction in the first place.) In that way, if I blunder and submit a bad auction I can fix it before said overworked administrator has the opportunity to be annoyed with me again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hymowitz
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this feature already exists. Every time I return to the "Add" page for a games' Ebay listings, the games I previously submitted are all un-checkable, as opposed to games I didn't submit, where the checkbox is grayed out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmbmb
Yep, Eric is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Peters
United States
Belmont
California
flag msg tools
Powers:Coleridge:Milton: Faith...must be, if anything, a clear-eyed recognition of the patterns and tendencies, to be found in every piece of the world's fabric, which are the lineaments of God.
badge
That's Tim Powers' fictional Samuel Coleridge "quoting" John Milton in _The Anubis Gates_.
mbmbmbmbmb
My difficulty is that while one can revoke games added through the "Add" interface, it doesn't appear to me that one can remove games added via "Add auctions by Id."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Peters
United States
Belmont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is it relevant? eBay listings from outside of the U.S. don't appear in the "Add" interface. The only way to add an auction from ebay.de (for example) is to use "add auctions by id". But if one makes a cut & paste error, you're out of luck: the only recourse (at present) is to submit a problem report. And given the minimal-tolerance policy for problem reports, it really would've been nice to be able to remove any auctions one has entered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.