GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,725 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Patchwork» Forums » Rules

Subject: What Happens When???? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ARTHUR REILLY
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets say you decide to buy a patch that you think will fill a certain spot nicely. When trying to place the piece, you suddenly realize the piece doesn't fit where you thought it would. What happen then?

Lastly, I assume all the people that say you can collect a 1x1 patch or buttons by landing on the space before these things, are mistaken. Plus it's impossible to land on any of these as some people say. Isn't that correct?

Thank You,

Arthur Reilly
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MENAREUS2000 wrote:
Lets say you decide to buy a patch that you think will fill a certain spot nicely. When trying to place the piece, you suddenly realize the piece doesn't fit where you thought it would. What happen then?

Find somewhere else to put it. Or, if your opponent agrees, put it back and redo your turn.

Quote:
Lastly, I assume all the people that say you can collect a 1x1 patch or buttons by landing on the space before these things, are mistaken. Plus it's impossible to land on any of these as some people say. Isn't that correct?


Yes. You don't land on them, and you collect for moving past them.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ARTHUR REILLY
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:
MENAREUS2000 wrote:
Lets say you decide to buy a patch that you think will fill a certain spot nicely. When trying to place the piece, you suddenly realize the piece doesn't fit where you thought it would. What happen then?

Find somewhere else to put it. Or, if your opponent agrees, put it back and redo your turn.

Quote:
Lastly, I assume all the people that say you can collect a 1x1 patch or buttons by landing on the space before these things, are mistaken. Plus it's impossible to land on any of these as some people say. Isn't that correct?


Yes. You don't land on them, and you collect for moving past them.


Thank you very much. There's wasn't any place to put the piece but my opponent did let me put it back.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MENAREUS2000 wrote:
qwertymartin wrote:
MENAREUS2000 wrote:
Lets say you decide to buy a patch that you think will fill a certain spot nicely. When trying to place the piece, you suddenly realize the piece doesn't fit where you thought it would. What happen then?

Find somewhere else to put it. Or, if your opponent agrees, put it back and redo your turn.

Quote:
Lastly, I assume all the people that say you can collect a 1x1 patch or buttons by landing on the space before these things, are mistaken. Plus it's impossible to land on any of these as some people say. Isn't that correct?


Yes. You don't land on them, and you collect for moving past them.


Thank you very much. There's wasn't any place to put the piece but my opponent did let me put it back.


Ah yes, if there's nowhere to fit it at all, I think they'd have to let you put it back!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Aeschleman
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if I can't place a patch and my opponent can't place any either, does the token just stay stuck or can I buy one to, remove it from game, and move token?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
late for dinner wrote:
So if I can't place a patch and my opponent can't place any either, does the token just stay stuck or can I buy one to, remove it from game, and move token?

No - the neutral token remains stuck.

If neither player can place any of the next three patches on their boards, they alternate advancing and receiving buttons until the game ends.

This likely happens only near the end of the game or if players have not been paying careful attention to the upcoming patches.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.