United Kingdom
winchester
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Not this good looking in real life
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying my hand at building a custom main deck and have all the sets and expansions.

I thought it'd be fun to put together a main deck using all the Batman themed cards from all the sets. I haven't tested it yet, but essentially I took all the cards I thought even slightly relevant from all sets and put them together.

I ended up with:

40 Equipment (took some out to get it down to 40)
40 Villains (Again, took some out)
31 Heroes
20 Super Powers

Roughly the same size as a main deck with a Crisis expansion mixed in. Way I see it, as long as nobody plays as a hero which relies on Super Powers, this ought to work out OK.

Super-Villans were a bit of a streach, but I ended up with:

Ra's Al Ghul
Captain Cold
Deathstroke
Mr Freeze
The Joker

then added:

Lex Luthor
Batman
Superman

because I needed 8 and these make thematic sense with the current goings on in the comics.

For Superheroes, I picked:

Batman (obviously)
Robin
Nightwing
Red Robin
Batgirl
Black Canary
Plus:
Harley Quinn
Deathstroke
Bane
And in reserve for extra variety:
Crisis Batgirl (ought to work fine)
12-Point Joker (looks a little OP, but 9 point is based on buying Super Powers and this deck is realy short on those and this also does so that should curb it a bit)
9-Point Batman (pretty much the same as some other characters)

Pretty much all the Superheroes require Equipment or Vilains to trigger abilities

I'll be trying it over the next week or so, it'll be interesting to see how it plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Most sets have substantially fewer Super Powers than other categories anyway, so you may be fine (Forever Evil is the exception, with equal amounts of each type).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
7 of 8
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
RichKS wrote:
I'm trying my hand at building a custom main deck and have all the sets and expansions.

I thought it'd be fun to put together a main deck using all the Batman themed cards from all the sets. I haven't tested it yet, but essentially I took all the cards I thought even slightly relevant from all sets and put them together.

I ended up with:

31 Heroes
20 Super Powers

Roughly the same size as a main deck with a Crisis expansion mixed in. Way I see it, as long as nobody plays as a hero which relies on Super Powers, this ought to work out OK.

Ra's Al Ghul
Captain Cold
Deathstroke
Mr Freeze
The Joker

then added:

Lex Luthor
Batman
Superman

because I needed 8 and these make thematic sense with the current goings on in the comics.

Batman (obviously)
Robin
Nightwing
Red Robin
Batgirl
Black Canary
Plus:
Harley Quinn
Deathstroke
Bane
12-Point Joker (looks a little OP, but 9 point is based on buying Super Powers and this deck is realy short on those and this also does so that should curb it a bit)

Pretty much all the Superheroes require Equipment or Vilains to trigger abilities

I'll be trying it over the next week or so, it'll be interesting to see how it plays.

I have been playing a Batman themed deck in my solitaire games and it's very enjoyable. To me, it works best with a 100 card deck. You get the core Batman themed and characters without stretching to make it work.

A crucial key to making this type of themed deck work is you must include Rivals and some Forever Evil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Brady
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
RichKS wrote:

I ended up with:

31 Heroes
20 Super Powers

Ra's Al Ghul
Captain Cold
Deathstroke
Mr Freeze
The Joker

then added:

Lex Luthor
Batman
Superman

Batman (obviously)
Robin
Nightwing
Red Robin
Batgirl
Black Canary
Plus:
Harley Quinn
Deathstroke
Bane

You know what could potentially be a cool game mode with this deck if you have 4 players? Have 1 player be Rivals Joker and another is Rivals Batman. Two players can be sidekicks/allies (Robin, Red Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl, Superman). The Joker wins if he either takes out Batman Lvl 3 via confrontations or runs out the main deck. The heroes win by beating The Joker lvl 3, HOWEVER, he can't be confronted until the Super-Villain stack is emptied. I'm sure it could be refined or something but it could be fun to try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darren steeves
msg tools
mb
question - does anyone have a complete list of cards by set? i would love to do this but i then find it hard to break it back to its own deck - i find doing all decks together is way to big and way too long

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.