GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,087 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Krosmaster: Arena» Forums » General

Subject: Best Season 2 set (4 packs)? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vince Law
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking to build a small collection to play casually with my nephews and was wondering which Season 2 four pack is best/has the most variety?

I currently have the base set plus season one packs 1, 2 and 4 and will be picking up pack 3 shortly. The reason I am asking about season two packs is I don't want to double up on characters and the other four season one packs all have one or two characters from the base set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Englund
Finland
Mäntsälä
flag msg tools
mbmb
Of course this is depending on personal playstyle preferences and the fact that upcoming Krosmaster: Quest contains some of the Season 2 figures, you did not want any duplicates. (Quest contains: Pandalida (Exp #2), Katsu Mi (Exp #7), Chrissy Entrinch (Exp #2), Raul Bak (Exp #7) and Diver Birel (Exp 6)

But if you plan to acquire Quest later or not my first choice would be:

Season 2 Exp #8 - Holy Missile

Kitty Rage - Powerful 5 lvl character, has good amount of HP and has a capability to make decent ranged damage

Elogio - One of my favorite summoners, has good mobs to summon, even great, if you have someone to push them around, has great range.

Poochan - Cheap 1 lvl character, can push allies around

Ayan - One of my favorite 2 lvl character, excellent kama collector (+1 kama every turn) and can teleport, has a possibility to do 6 points of damage per turn without any boosts!

I would avoid expansions #1 and #6 with the Bandits, you have to play Bandit only team for them to be effective.

My second picks would be either Exp #3 - Head Hunters or Exp #7 - Bam-Boom.

EDIT:

I do not like the duplicates either, so I have Season 1 expansions #1 - #4. I actually bought Exp #5 also, it has a duplicate Bill Tell, but he is actually quite useful character. You can have duplicates of the same characters in the same team, and Bill has the best range in the whole game all 3 seasons and promos combined. I sometimes play with Bill and his identical twin brother Will and couple of melee characters. The archer brothers stay back and give fire support while the brawlers charge ahead to do the dirty work.

Season 1 Exp #5 has one of the most powerful 6 lvl characters Goultard, one extra Bill, useful 1 lvl healer Di Curey and Boo Ming with his bombs and good ranged attack is a nice 2 lvl character.

As Season 1 has very many 3 lvl characters, it is good to have options of these higher and lower level characters also.

That would be my only recommendation of the remaining Season 1 packs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Law
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info.

I checked the stats for the season 2 pack you mentioned on krosfinder and I think they would work great. You may have also talked me into getting season one pack 5 as well.

EDIT: Just ordered season one packs 3&5 and season 2 pack 8 shipped for $38 from miniature market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Englund
Finland
Mäntsälä
flag msg tools
mbmb
Now you have pretty decent selection of characters for casual play.

Season 1 expansions have only two lvl 6 characters (Goultard and Darkness Knight) and Goultard is the better one.

It was a good idea to acquire those 3 expansions. They all contain lvl 1 and lvl 2 characters, you do not have many of those in other expansions. This gives you much more options when selecting teams. Now you have a good selection of characters for all levels from 1 to 6.

My next acquisition would be Duel Pack #1 - Merkator & Captain Anakma.
Two very powerful lvl 6 characters. That can be next year then...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
janenglund wrote:
Now you have pretty decent selection of characters for casual play.

Season 1 expansions have only two lvl 6 characters (Goultard and Darkness Knight) and Goultard is the better one.

It was a good idea to acquire those 3 expansions. They all contain lvl 1 and lvl 2 characters, you do not have many of those in other expansions. This gives you much more options when selecting teams. Now you have a good selection of characters for all levels from 1 to 6.

My next acquisition would be Duel Pack #1 - Merkator & Captain Anakma.
Two very powerful lvl 6 characters. That can be next year then...

I don't know, I LOVE Darkness Knight but then he really needs other Knights in play to be "omg amazing". Goultard kind of requires a healer (if not two) to really be super useful (although I have used him alone).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Z.
Italy
GE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
janenglund wrote:
I do not like the duplicates either, so I have Season 1 expansions #1 - #4. I actually bought Exp #5 also, it has a duplicate Bill Tell, but he is actually quite useful character. You can have duplicates of the same characters in the same team, and Bill has the best range in the whole game all 3 seasons and promos combined. I sometimes play with Bill and his identical twin brother Will and couple of melee characters. The archer brothers stay back and give fire support while the brawlers charge ahead to do the dirty work.

You could also try them with Capt. Amakna. +1AP makes them able to increase their range (via "Long Shot") AND still shoot twice. Even better: they'll also gain 1MP. Transforming them into MP4, Range 11 monsters able to hit almost every uncovered space on the board.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Fortunately (no ones likes OP stuff, isn't it?) they'll remain very fragile, so don't let your opponent come close to them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Englund
Finland
Mäntsälä
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes, it is not a bad idea to have both Bill Tell and his not-so-famous Will Tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jan,

Thanks so much for the great suggestions. It makes a great starting point for somebody like me just getting into the game.

Could you do a complete breakdown of all the Season 2 4-pack sets and rank them in descending order of preference along with the reasons why? You mentioned #8, 3, 7 as being the top 3 and to avoid #1 and 6. What do you think about the rest of the 4-packs? Any with excessive repeats (1 is ok but 2 or more is too much IMO) or dependencies on other sets (like bandits)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.