Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Mistfall» Forums » Rules

Subject: Is there any thread of all the collected erratas? and a gear question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johannes Benedikt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If yes, it would be great if someone could point me to it.

If not I have seen a few strange things I'm not sure about.

Venda:
1.) Venda has a reward gear that inflicts the burning condition, yet has no "flame" keyword, but a "venemous" keyword. Is this correct? (there are a few of these combination where "venomous" is combined with burning conditions, is there a general way to establish which part of the card is erronous?)

2.) Venda's basic taunt is a reflex action with 1 range. How is that supposed to work, or is this an error.

Bonesorrow Magus&Undead Loremaster:
The text of the magus reads: "Whenever an undead enemy is eliminated in the same Area, draw..."
The text of the Loremaster reads: "...remove 2 wounds form each undead in the same <hero-area-symbol>"

does this work generally the same (both abilities are triggered only when they are in a hero area), meaning "in the same Area" is synonomous with "in the same <hero-area-symbol>" or is there some kind of difference (since they are worded differently)?

now on to the gear:
I though I read anywhere that there is indeed some kind of limitation to the usage of gear. I'm wondering specifically about the number-letter combination in the "reinforcment-box". What does it mean and how does it effect the usage of gear? The rulebook states "The hero area restriction limits the number of cards of a given type that can be present at the same time in the same hero area." is this written in regard to this number?
If yes I'm wondering how can Venda start the game with both of her axes in her hero-area when they are both "B2" (I think it's B2, they definatly bear the same number-letter combination though). Both her reward axes are B2 as well. Or am I supposed to only place one axe at a time in the hero area after I discarded one axe for the first time?

thx in advance
regards
DA_Maz

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zsolt Kohári
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding gear limitation (it's somewhere in the second half of the rulebook): you can have more gear with the same letter as long as there is not more than the smallest number (so if you have 2 B2 gears it's fine, if you have a B1 and a B2, you can only use one of them).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They call me Mister...
Ireland
Donegal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Venda: 1.

Yes, Cleaver of Havoc should have a Flame keyword: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/19879052#19879052

The gear letter-number (Y-X) combo I think means you can only have a maximum of X-Y - so B2 means you can only have 2 B's in your hero area at any one time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal Van Vlaenderen
Belgium
Lissewege
Belgie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
thaushur wrote:
Regarding gear limitation (it's somewhere in the second half of the rulebook): you can have more gear with the same letter as long as there is not more than the smallest number (so if you have 2 B2 gears it's fine, if you have a B1 and a B2, you can only use one of them).

I just played Crow and there's three daggers of B2, which means he can only,have two in his hero area
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gertjan Horsthuis
Netherlands
Olst
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VanVlaenderenP wrote:
thaushur wrote:

I just played Crow and there's three daggers of B2, which means he can only,have two in his hero area

Three Daggers ? I have only seen two Daggers for Crow, did I miss one ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal Van Vlaenderen
Belgium
Lissewege
Belgie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yup, one of the rewards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Orszak
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DA_Maz wrote:

2.) Venda's basic taunt is a reflex action with 1 range. How is that supposed to work, or is this an error.

I believe this is tied to the Empty Hero Area rule on page 13 where actions receive +1 range when a players hero area is empty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orgak wrote:
DA_Maz wrote:

I believe this is tied to the Empty Hero Area rule on page 13 where actions receive +1 range when a players hero area is empty.

I have asked the guy who started the faq,if I can take it over and include errata,as he doesn't seem to have time to keep it up to date.

No reply yet , I do not want to be responsible for a FAQ war.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orgak wrote:
DA_Maz wrote:

It will also work on enemies already in her area to reduce her enemy focus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Starman54 wrote:
Orgak wrote:
DA_Maz wrote:

It will also work on enemies already in her area to reduce her enemy focus.

No, Taunt specifies that the focus is not moved.

IMO, Taunt as written is nearly useless as a basic card (three copies no less!). Ruthless Taunt (at 1 resolve) is vastly better. I suspect Taunt is supposed to have range (2) instead of (1).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The focus does not move, if the enemy comes from another zone, which would normaly move your focus.

I can't find a rule which allows me to taunt an enemy in my own hero zone for reducing my focus. So i guees her taunt ability, which is now a range 2 action, can only be used on enemies in other zones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.