Hide
12 Posts

Exploding Kittens» Forums » General

Subject: What sleeve to use? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blue Fox
msg tools
Just received my game, super excited! However, I'm not sure if I want to play the game just like this or with the sleeves, thoughts? Also, which sleeve would you recommend?

Looks like this should work?

http://www.amazon.ca/KMC-pochettes-Barrier-Perfect-Sleeves/d...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark De Lorenzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The boxes don't quite support sleeved cards. Be prepared to use a Deck Box or something like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Fox
msg tools
Actually, I bought the Ultra Pro Deck Protector Standard card sleeves 100 pack x 2 and was able to fit 1 deck of first edition into the first edition box.

However, the NSFW box with the original plastic compartment doesn't accommodate so well, so I had to get rid of it.

I was hoping I could fit two of them together in the first edition box... haha..

Though if you don't put them in sleeves, the first edition box is able to fit both first edition + NSFW cards in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Stear
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeved both my regular and NSFW decks in Mayday regular sleeves, (basically because that's what I had lying around) and both decks fit in the main box.

The NSFW box can't fit the sleeved cards though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Alvin
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MathKat wrote:
I sleeved both my regular and NSFW decks in Mayday regular sleeves, (basically because that's what I had lying around) and both decks fit in the main box.

The NSFW box can't fit the sleeved cards though.

I'm guessing those mayday were not the premium sleeves correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Stear
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly, they were the green label sleeves, not the premium ones, and they are the 63.5 x 88 to be more specific.

They made the decks be almost exactly as tall as the space in the insert. I actually put one deck in upside down, so that if the top couple of cards slide around, I can easily re-sort them. Given that, I suspect the premium sleeves would make the deck too tall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I sleeved both regular and NSFW decks with Mayday penny 63.5x88 sleeves, and both decks fit in the regular box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iestyn no last name
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used the Swan PanAsia (Mayday manufacture version) Swn-032 and the box fits both decks fully sleeved. The Rules slip from NSFW doesn't fit however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used the Mayday premium greens and the regular deck fits in the kickstarter box, but the NSFW deck needs to have the insert flipped over for the cards to fit in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon B
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I'm not a fan of Mayday, they're cheap and that's the problem... I like my sleeves to stay together. Keeping having to replace the ones I bought for 7 wonders, so I gave up and resleeved with Ultra Pro sleeves. Anyone know which Ultra Pro sleeves would be right for Exploding Kittens?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rat van Haren
Netherlands
flag msg tools
I mostly use Fantasy Flight Supply sleeves, they never let me down they are sturdy enough to play with...

For the dimensions of the exploding kittens you'll need the silver kind it has the 63,5 X 88 mm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Yung
msg tools
I also used mayday premium sleeves and after a few weeks, the corners of some sleeves cracked or broke. Perhaps premium sleeves are too rigid and not suited for cards that are regularly handled or shuffled?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.