Subject: When to place Markers gained during the Meeting Segment? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
E. Strathmeyer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Winston Churchill's attribute can give you a political alignment marker. US Frank Knox's attribute can give you 2 naval markers.

When are these markers placed? Immediately?

If not immediately, when are the naval markers placed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
strathmeyer wrote:
Winston Churchill's attribute can give you a political alignment marker. US Frank Knox's attribute can give you 2 naval markers.

When are these markers placed? Immediately?

If not immediately, when are the naval markers placed?

Bonuses are awarded immediately and placed at the appropriate segment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E. Strathmeyer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Definitely makes sense for political markers, which are only placed in War Phase segment 2, Political Alignment Segment (7.3).

Military markers are placed in Decision Segments 4 and 5. I'm guessing your intent is that segment 4, Production Allocation should be used for placement of all military markers. Section 6.5 Military Support reads "Place each offensive support purchased in this way in the entry space of any Front. Place each naval support marker in a theater box."

There's no instruction on when to place offensive markers not purchased by production markers, but that's unnecessary since any staff cards that give offensive markers tell you where to place them. (I'm guessing those markers are placed immediately?)

I had been reading 6.5 as a description of one of the uses for production markers described in 6.4-6.8, and not a phase of the game per se.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
strathmeyer wrote:
Definitely makes sense for political markers, which are only placed in War Phase segment 2, Political Alignment Segment (7.3).

Military markers are placed in Decision Segments 4 and 5. I'm guessing your intent is that segment 4, Production Allocation should be used for placement of all military markers. Section 6.5 Military Support reads "Place each offensive support purchased in this way in the entry space of any Front. Place each naval support marker in a theater box."

There's no instruction on when to place offensive markers not purchased by production markers, but that's unnecessary since any staff cards that give offensive markers tell you where to place them. (I'm guessing those markers are placed immediately?)

I had been reading 6.5 as a description of one of the uses for production markers described in 6.4-6.8, and not a phase of the game per se.

It has no impact when you place them as there is no axis player to hide them from. I was primarily commenting on the political marker. You can place naval immediately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.