Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Kindt
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does Roosevelt receive the bonus political alignment marker only when advancing or debating the Global issue (and it resides in a UK or USSR space) or does this kick in regardless of the issue he is played on as long as board conditions are applicable?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bkindt wrote:
Does Roosevelt receive the bonus political alignment marker only when advancing or debating the Global issue (and it resides in a UK or USSR space) or does this kick in regardless of the issue he is played on as long as board conditions are applicable?

No an attribute that says If (issue) should always be interpreted as: If played on the Global issue that resides on the UK/USSR track, etc.

If you play Roosevelt on any other issue whether the Global issue is or is not in play and in that location, you do NOT get the bonus.

I will be adding this clarification as you are the second person to ask it.

Sorry for the confusion,

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, glad I spotted this. The wording definitely implies that Roosevelt could simply be played on any issue and as long as the global issue was on the other tracks, the pol alignment would happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tod Andrew
Australia
Wollongong
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re attributes in general, my understanding is that attributes and penalties etc are NOT enacted during;
- the initial Agenda staff card simultaneous selection, or
- using a Leader to break a tie.

Is this the case?

So, if Churchill was used to break a tie, you wouldn't roll for a heart attack?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.