Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
70 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Evolution» Forums » General

Subject: shipping today to U.S. KS backers! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Connor
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got notification of the subject! Here's hoping it doesn't go FedEx SmartPost!

I have two other KS shipments via FESP that got to five miles from my house before taking a 4-day (I hope) 32-mile trip to get here...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes you can go to fedex and usps distribution centers and pick your stuff up. If its only 5 miles away it might be worth it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gamer

Maryland
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my notification too! Should be here in 3-5 business days (just in time for next weekend) cool
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gameson
United Kingdom
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woot woot! The clock is ticking!

...slightly longer for us this side of the pond, but it'll be worth it!

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Connor
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
iswearihaveajob wrote:
Sometimes you can go to fedex and usps distribution centers and pick your stuff up. If its only 5 miles away it might be worth it.


Sadly, they were only there during hours they don't answer the phones.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
th3tick wrote:
Just got notification of the subject! Here's hoping it doesn't go FedEx SmartPost!

I have two other KS shipments via FESP that got to five miles from my house before taking a 4-day (I hope) 32-mile trip to get here...


Sorry I am late to the game but what shipment? The flight expansion?

Thx
jonpfl
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gameson
United Kingdom
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonpfl wrote:
th3tick wrote:
Just got notification of the subject! Here's hoping it doesn't go FedEx SmartPost!

I have two other KS shipments via FESP that got to five miles from my house before taking a 4-day (I hope) 32-mile trip to get here...


Sorry I am late to the game but what shipment? The flight expansion?

Thx
jonpfl


!st expansion (Flight) was successfully on KS - U.S shipping starting soon.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Connor
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheOneEared wrote:
jonpfl wrote:
th3tick wrote:
Just got notification of the subject! Here's hoping it doesn't go FedEx SmartPost!

I have two other KS shipments via FESP that got to five miles from my house before taking a 4-day (I hope) 32-mile trip to get here...


Sorry I am late to the game but what shipment? The flight expansion?

Thx
jonpfl


!st expansion (Flight) was successfully on KS - U.S shipping starting soon.


The KS update reads (excerpted):

The games are being shipped via FedEx today*. They will arrive on your door step in 3 to 5 business days. This means you should have your game by Friday August 7th at the latest (and that's if you live in Hawaii - in which case I have no sympathy for you). If your game does not arrive, please do not contact us until the end of the day on August 10th. We look into the issue on August 11th.

* I forgot to post this yesterday, so "Today" actually means yesterday. (Mind Blown)



I received this early this afternoon, so that means it shipped July 31st. And the implication is that it's everything, so that would include the expansion plus for those that ordered the 2nd edition of the game plus the expansion, both.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet! Is it safe to assume those of us who missed the KS should be able to get ours via normal channels soon after the KS backers get theirs then?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gameson
United Kingdom
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thud105 wrote:
Sweet! Is it safe to assume those of us who missed the KS should be able to get ours via normal channels soon after the KS backers get theirs then?


So far as I know you can indeed!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know whether or not signatures will be required?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thud105 wrote:
Sweet! Is it safe to assume those of us who missed the KS should be able to get ours via normal channels soon after the KS backers get theirs then?


The official release date for Flight is September 15th.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
The official release date for Flight is September 15th.

Thanks for this! Now I've got something specific to look forward to! cool
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Connor
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So, have any KS backers received theirs yet? I'm curious as to how they were shipped.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
th3tick wrote:
So, have any KS backers received theirs yet? I'm curious as to how they were shipped.


There was a major SNAFU which occurred because the person managing this was at GenCon. soblue I will post an update soon, but I'm waiting to have absolute confirmation on EVERYTHING before sticking my foot in my mouth.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
th3tick wrote:
So, have any KS backers received theirs yet? I'm curious as to how they were shipped.


There was a major SNAFU which occurred because the person managing this was at GenCon. soblue I will post an update soon, but I'm waiting to have absolute confirmation on EVERYTHING before sticking my foot in my mouth.


Wait, what? The ONE GUY that was in charge of shipping out was not shipping out but instead at Gencon?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Heliconia wrote:
domcrap wrote:
th3tick wrote:
So, have any KS backers received theirs yet? I'm curious as to how they were shipped.


There was a major SNAFU which occurred because the person managing this was at GenCon. soblue I will post an update soon, but I'm waiting to have absolute confirmation on EVERYTHING before sticking my foot in my mouth.


Wait, what? The ONE GUY that was in charge of shipping out was not shipping out but instead at Gencon?


laugh

There was ONE guy that was in charge of making sure our fulfillment company did the following:

1) opened up all of the 2nd edition boxes
2)replaced them with new cards, new rules, and a new special edition art box
3) Shrink wrapped them
4) Purchased the correct size boxes
5) Got all of the addresses and items in the correct format
6) Printed out the label at a FedEx facility
7) Packed up the items in the correct size boxes.
8) Put on the proper address labels
9) Scheduled a FedEx pickup

This one guy talked to them on Tuesday before going to GenCon (along with 5 other people from our company and over 10 volunteers). This one guy assumed that the fulfillment company was going to do what they said. He would have followed up more closely with them if he were not busy selling over 600 games at GenCon over 4 days.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I'm still waiting to get confirmation on exactly where they are with the project.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad I'm not that guy!! Sounds like he's up to his eyeballs in alligatorscry
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Watson
United States
Barrington
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I'm still waiting to get confirmation on exactly where they are with the project.


Thanks for letting us know what's going on. We'll watch and wait. And some of us will note that it's still early August 2015, that the expected delivery for this Kickstarter has always been August 2015,...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Edward Locke
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Great update, Dom, even though it's not great news. Thank you for providing. I'll be patient, even though I'm real excited to get the game.

People (and fulfillment companies) sometimes make mistakes. It's ok!!

And well, Gencon season is busy for folks like y'all. Again, thanks for the update & clarification.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Staswick
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
domcrap wrote:
Heliconia wrote:
domcrap wrote:
th3tick wrote:
So, have any KS backers received theirs yet? I'm curious as to how they were shipped.


There was a major SNAFU which occurred because the person managing this was at GenCon. soblue I will post an update soon, but I'm waiting to have absolute confirmation on EVERYTHING before sticking my foot in my mouth.


Wait, what? The ONE GUY that was in charge of shipping out was not shipping out but instead at Gencon?


laugh

There was ONE guy that was in charge of making sure our fulfillment company did the following:

1) opened up all of the 2nd edition boxes
2)replaced them with new cards, new rules, and a new special edition art box
3) Shrink wrapped them
4) Purchased the correct size boxes
5) Got all of the addresses and items in the correct format
6) Printed out the label at a FedEx facility
7) Packed up the items in the correct size boxes.
8) Put on the proper address labels
9) Scheduled a FedEx pickup

This one guy talked to them on Tuesday before going to GenCon (along with 5 other people from our company and over 10 volunteers). This one guy assumed that the fulfillment company was going to do what they said. He would have followed up more closely with them if he were not busy selling over 600 games at GenCon over 4 days.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I'm still waiting to get confirmation on exactly where they are with the project.


Well I'm glad he was able to sell 600 more games for you instead of focusing on getting the ones that you already sold out.............. Sometimes its better to not say anything.......
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Rothey
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll second Eric's dissatisfaction. Dom, your tone is a bit insulting in that previous post. How many of those games sold were 2nd edition Evolution? And did you sell out of the promo packs of all the stretch goals?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rothey3 wrote:
I'll second Eric's dissatisfaction. Dom, your tone is a bit insulting in that previous post. How many of those games sold were 2nd edition Evolution? And did you sell out of the promo packs of all the stretch goals?


Confused which part you find insulting.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Rothey
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"He would have followed up more closely with them if he were not busy selling over 600 games at GenCon over 4 days."

As I understand it, this employee was in charge of one of the last pieces of the logistical puzzle to get these games into the hands of the Kickstarter backers (people who already paid for them and who are already upset that plenty of non-Kickstarter people have already gotten their copy of 2nd edition). Instead, the quoted sentence above implies that selling more games was more important than ensuring the Kickstarter games went out. I find that insulting.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well at least the labels have been created since I have a tracking number in my FedEx account. I really hope this doesn't ship this week as I scheduled out-of-town time specifically around expected package arrival dates, and that package will just be sitting at my front door exposed to the elements.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.