Subject: Activated Architect during the Lawyer's action being delayed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
zu laputa
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

If my Lawyer's action is delayed due to someone's worker on my buliding, in this case, any action can be done by the Architect if i want to change the delayed residence to be a prestige building? delay too?

All bulidings are before the provost
Laywer (my own worker on it but delayed)
-> Architect (my own worker on it, want to change the delayed residence)
-> My own building (other player's worker on it)

many thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Activated Architect during the Lawyer's action being del
Hmm ... Interesting one.

My take on it would be:

The rules say the Lawyer's action is delayed, but I think this rule really means "The worker on your building does not lose his action".

Therefore, as long as you remember what building the worker was standing on, you can happily upgrade your building and then upgrade your residence.

That's (hypothetically) how I would deal with it, but it must be a pretty rare occurrence!

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Seal of Approval
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I understand it, the lawyer action is not delayed. You simply replace the building below the worker, but make a note which building the worker was originally standing on (e.g. keep the original tile nearby)
The worker will then perform the action of the original building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karis Shem
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Exactly !

There's no real "delay". This rule only implies that the lawyer can't simply destroy a building with a worker on it. This building needs to be activated.

Regards,
Cyril

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hartstein
United States
North Plainfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm...interesting. While this makes sense, it interacts oddly with the ruling I remember our getting on whether the building below the worker can be rebuilt farther down the road before the worker activates it. IIRC, the answer to that was "no" (the building isn't removed, and thus doesn't become available to build, until it gets to activate).

As I understand the combination of these rulings, here's how building residences works:

- Pay the cost for a residence.
- Choose a neutral building or a building you own which isn't the lawyer.
- Place a residence on the square where that building is, mark it as yours, collect points.
- As soon as there is no worker on the building you replaced, remove it from the board (and return it to supply if it's not a neutral building)

So the residence and the replaced building effectively simultaneously occupy the space on the road for as long as there's a worker in it. The residence is available to be replaced by a prestige building. The replaced building is still there to activate when the provost reaches it, and is *not* available to be rebuilt until it activates (or the provost is reached).

(Yes, I said that a few different ways, hopefully for clarity.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.