Subject: I thought this was high quality?! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Magnus Rydin
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am really, really, unhappy with the quality of the pieces other than the minis.

The board is badly glued in the corners, leaving them all wrinkled
up. The result is the worst board I ever owned.. Scratch that, worst boardgame board I ever seen!

The cartonage is such low quality that I hardly managed to get the tokens out without ruining them. It felt like it was a soggy biscuit that has been left to dry and then shoved into a box for shipping.

I then went and bought some expansions.. And guess what ? the expansion tokens was even worse! The cartonage was a totally different material and looked nothing like the base game.

Thank gods the game and figures are great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This might be a problem with current printings of the game.
My copy is a high quality, un-marred board with sturdy tokens and chits.
The only flimsy chits/tokens I've seen are the ones that come with the expansion figure boxes.

My copy of the base game is from the first English Kickstarter run by JAG. It wouldn't surprise me if the quality of tokens and/or board were lowered to keep the manufacturing costs low. The costs of making these figures can't be cheap, and likely rises every year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's really unfortunate. The ones I've got are really good (but just like Brant, also first run from KS). Suggest you ring them up and see if they can help you with it. Hopefully it is just a bad apple and not a consistent thing... x.x

But yeah, the expansion tokens are rubbish. It's probably because they assumed people would only get the expansions after they got the core game, even if they said you could play minigames with the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I did not experience this with my set either.

~Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have practically everything for this game and none of my stuff was ever like what is described in the OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Couture
United States
Oregon City
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Got my copy from the Frigost KS and it had no defects either. I did have some trouble punching out a few of the chits, though, but not to the point of damaging them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I Need More Coffee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have gotten a bad set. It sounds like maybe it was exposed to moisture or very high humidity at some point in production or shipping. For comparison I have the base game, Frigost and Not Mines expansion and all three boards are straight as an arrow. The season 1 figure packs have some thin cardboard tokens, which isn't great, but the season 2 figure packs and all of the box sets have the real, thick cardboard style tokens and those have been fine in the stuff I have. The only ones I had to be careful punching out were the token sheets that came in Duel Pack 2. I had to use an exacto knife to get them out cleanly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only problem with parts replacement from JAG is that you have to send a picture.
Then, once your damaged/defect has been approved, you get to send it back to them at your expense. After which they'll send you a replacement.

This (and many other) reason(s) are why I have stuck with my core set from KS1, and a few blind boxes from season 2 for my kids.

JAG has crap customer support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Z.
Italy
GE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really?
I had great experience with their support. Maybe it's just because the poor value of what I was asking replacement for, but I got once a damaged card in one of the four figure packs. Not only they didn't asked for the damaged one, they sent me a replacement free of charge (to Italy!) and it was even a foil version of the missing card.
So, I can only have praises for their customer care.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gabbi wrote:
Really?
I had great experience with their support. Maybe it's just because the poor value of what I was asking replacement for, but I got once a damaged card in one of the four figure packs. Not only they didn't asked for the damaged one, they sent me a replacement free of charge (to Italy!) and it was even a foil version of the missing card.
So, I can only have praises for their customer care.

In Europe, you're dealing with different distribution partners, and aside from the first Kickstarter, there was no way to get any product through JAG in Europe.

Are you sure you're dealing with JAG, and not Ankama, or their European distribution partners?

In any case, try that with a broken figure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Z.
Italy
GE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghool wrote:
In Europe, you're dealing with different distribution partners, and aside from the first Kickstarter, there was no way to get any product through JAG in Europe.

Are you sure you're dealing with JAG, and not Ankama, or their European distribution partners?

Yes, 4-figures box are JAG exclusive, so I contacted them. Here in Europe we're sold blindbox only.

As for bad support, try Ghenos, then (italian distributor). Same issue, card to be replaced. Wrote more emails than I remember, without obtaining anything. nothing. zero.

Quote:
In any case, try that with a broken figure.

As I was already wondering in my first post above, maybe I've got a good service due to the low value of the item to be replaced. Anyway, JAG sent it overseas at no cost. And, as I've just written, italian distributor doesn't even provide cards replacement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.