Subject: Stealing and end of encounter/adventure cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Can a player who stole play an end of encounter/adventure card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hager
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Upon conversation with Joshua (the developer of Captain's Wager) we play-tested it using the rule that thematically you ran back to town and away from the adventuring group. We may have demonstrated this incorrectly during demo play and let people play items after they left the party.

So you *cannot* play items after you have stolen (including but not limited to the Gilded Push Knife, Tesla Pistol, Crystal Clock, Ornate Key or Electro Magnetic Warhorn).

We will clarify and add this to the second edition of the rule book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the official answer. I'm quite enjoying this game and the art is really lovely, too. Also, I've assumed you do a round asking for EoE cards, starting with player one (and EoA the same way). The rules weren't 100% clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Hager
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I'm glad you are enjoying the game. It is exciting to share it with the world.

Regarding how to play them: let players play them in any order. During play testing, we would ask "does any player want to affect this encounter?" or "does any player want to affect this adventure?"

If multiple players want to resolve a card at the same time, we would apply them in clockwise order from the starting player for that encounter.

A player can react to a player stabbing them in the back with a Gilded Push Knife. So, it isn't exactly a round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.