BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: Need Help Brainstorming Ideas for a Wargame. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alec Stump
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I'm currently writing my own version of 40k for my friends and I and I have a kind of paralysis with regard to what to do with the force organization method I want to use. All of my ideas are either stale and over used or just design dead- ends.

Could the community help me compile a list of wargames (preferably 25-32mm, but any will do) to study for innovative force selection methods?

And while I'm at it, does anyone know of games with bad force selection mechanics for me to look at so I know what not to do?

Ideally, the force selection mechanic should be more thematic. Balance should already be worked out for the most part through stats and point costing.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Durston
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although not strictly a miniatures wargame, I love the force selection from Heroes of Normandie. You can just pull the frames out and fit the options into the holes. It's very quick and easy, with all the points cost right there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.