Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If for example, a False Demon with the alteration spell of Bring Forth has 2 wounds (which is possible because Bring Forth takes away Illusion from False Demon) and Jessa uses Cut the Strings to discard the Bring Forth alteration from the opponent's False Demon, does that False Demon

A) Become destroyed because of the 2 previous damage it had, because now it has Illusion back,

B) or does it stay alive because those 2 wounds were from an attack while it had Bring Forth attached, but any further wounds will destroy it do to Illusion?

Thanks in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bruder

Mount Laurel
New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm going to say B because when Bring Forth was attached the False Demon 'no longer had the illusion ability'. The ability only triggers when you take damage. It does not trigger as a result of having damage tokens on the unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Krason
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I'm going with B as well. Damage and wounds are very specifically differentiated in the rule book. So as David stated, the WOUND tokens left on the demon do not trigger its demise. Only when it receives damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bruder

Mount Laurel
New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yup! This is also important for cards like Molten Gold which gives wound tokens. If a False Demon takes 3 wounds from Molten Gold it does not trigger the Illusion ability. In addition, if the False Demon receives damage from anything (Dice Ability, Phoenixborn ability, etc.) other than an attack/counter it does not trigger the Illusion ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks fellas, that's how I saw it and played it as well when playing a solo learning game. But I just wanted to be sure in case it happens when I teach it and it gets questioned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
False Demon's effect happens when it receives the damage, so the wounds would stay and False Demon would stay alive until it was attacked again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levi C
msg tools
mbmb
dbruder182 wrote:
if the False Demon receives damage from anything (Dice Ability, Phoenixborn ability, etc.) other than an attack/counter it does not trigger the Illusion ability.

Just wanted to bold that up for you. Important to note

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.