Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Englehart
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hereby start a thread for minor gripes about this set. Not game-breakers or deal-breakers; just minor annoyances that still bother the s#!T out of you!

Captain Marvel: Supersonic Flight - Flavor text

"Once a captain in the Air Force, Carol Danvers has re-emerged from Ms. Marvel to Captain Marvel."

Carol Danvers was a FULL BIRD COLONEL in the Air Force; both in 616 and the Secret Wars Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps Secret Wars book!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Parham
United States
Vacaville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically, that means she was once a Captain.

wrote:

Carol Danvers was a FULL BIRD COLONEL in the Air Force; both in 616 and the Secret Wars Captain Marvel and the Carol Corps Secret Wars book!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Vinyl
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
I'll just copy + paste my two from another thread:

""Apocolyptic Kitty Pryde" is a bummer. We've been waiting for Kitty Prude forever, give us the standard one!

Old Man Logan doesn't bother me because we know now he's gonna stick around the standard Marvel Universe after Secret Wars.

But Apocolyptic Kitty Pryde s just a temporary character. Wouldn't make any sense to have her fight against Mole Man or Kingpin. Same issues I had with the Fear Itself expansion."

"I do have one more Nitpick, actually. And that's with the Villain Group Manhattan (Earth-1610). That's a group they could have definitely added 2 more, or even better, 4 more, heroes too. Ultimate Cloak & Dagger would have been great there. Or Ultimate Giant Man, Ultimate Ka-Zar & Shanna, Ultimate Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), Ultimate Falcon... How about some characters that are exclusive to the Ultimate Universe? That would be their only chance to get in this game! Like Jimmy Hudson or Bombshell or Ultimate Black Widow (Monica Chang) or Red Wasp?

Or even Nerd Hulk or Tyrone Cash?(though this expansion is already pretty heavy on the Hulks) "
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
No Captain Britain. A little bit of a letdown because he's (a) on the box cover and (b) his card art was previewed and until the last minute he seems to have been intended to be in volume 1. The good news is he's going to be in volume 2 which is not horribly in the future so I'll survive. Like the thread title says, minor gripe is all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Q.T. Nguyen
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
No Captain Britain. A little bit of a letdown because he's (a) on the box cover and (b) his card art was previewed and until the last minute he seems to have been intended to be in volume 1. The good news is he's going to be in volume 2 which is not horribly in the future so I'll survive. Like the thread title says, minor gripe is all.

For what it's worth, from my understanding of things, the cover that has Captain Britain on it seen here is a Gen Con/Pre-Order Exclusive Box...

...and good ol' Brian Braddock is nowhere to be seen on the cover of the Retail Version, which is what is used in the description of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My minor gripe:

Sidekicks. I'm sure they'll be great. And add to the game play in a very positive way. However...

If I only have the core heroes game, the heroes mini expansions, and maybe Dark City (I.e, no Villains and therefor no Villains mat, or custom Villains/Heroes mat)...

Where the heck am I meant to put them?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On your lap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Print this
Place it next to your board
Enjoy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Print this
Enjoy

BwahahahahahHa

In other news, I'm miffed by Beast and also Kitty. While I'm planning on ignoring "apocalyptic" it's still odd. I would have just named her KP and put her in the AoA uniform. I think it's clear that this expansion was a bit rushed. I hope they fix some oopses for V2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My main gripe is not connecting with all the cross dimensional, story line variation stuff. It seems like a niche thing you do when all the bread and butter classics are near exhausted.

I love Paint the Town Red, as that's a good down home feel I remember. Mysterio may be considered almost a joke these days, but he was one of my favorites back when. I hope we see more core classic material in smaller sets atleast. Need mah She Hulk. Green She Hulk please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Midnight Rider wrote:
My main gripe is not connecting with all the cross dimensional, story line variation stuff. It seems like a niche thing you do when all the bread and butter classics are near exhausted.

I love Paint the Town Red, as that's a good down home feel I remember. Mysterio may be considered almost a joke these days, but he was one of my favorites back when. I hope we see more core classic material in smaller sets atleast. Need mah She Hulk. Green She Hulk please.

I would hardly call a mastermind that has to be defeated 8-9-10 times depending on your luck a joke. In comparison to him, these new masterminds are jokes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Print this
Enjoy

Haha.

Awesome. Love it!

Just need now to find somewhere that will print it on a very small custom mat...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Full disclosure, I've made this joke before:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/16093105#16093105

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:

I'm still not 100% sold on that fact that he'll be in volume 2. I really, really, REALLY hope he is because I'm a big fan, but going back and looking at the post of his art, I can't help but notice there's no wording or icons or anything. I'm worried it was something of a brainstorm that ended up not making the cut.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no wording or icons because those come later, during the graphic design of the card. Comissioning a piece of art is expensive. They would only do that after the design for the card effects is complete.

Besides, the Thanos, Black Panther & Ultimate Spidey art made it into the game, so there's no reason to think these didn't:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good eye! Well noted! Like I said, I hope I'm wrong and I REALLY hope you're right!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Archer
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Fresh wrote:

""Apocolyptic Kitty Pryde" is a bummer. We've been waiting for Kitty Prude forever, give us the standard one!

Old Man Logan doesn't bother me because we know now he's gonna stick around the standard Marvel Universe after Secret Wars.

But Apocolyptic Kitty Pryde s just a temporary character. Wouldn't make any sense to have her fight against Mole Man or Kingpin. Same issues I had with the Fear Itself expansion."

"I do have one more Nitpick, actually. And that's with the Villain Group Manhattan (Earth-1610). That's a group they could have definitely added 2 more, or even better, 4 more, heroes too. Ultimate Cloak & Dagger would have been great there. Or Ultimate Giant Man, Ultimate Ka-Zar & Shanna, Ultimate Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), Ultimate Falcon... How about some characters that are exclusive to the Ultimate Universe? That would be their only chance to get in this game! Like Jimmy Hudson or Bombshell or Ultimate Black Widow (Monica Chang) or Red Wasp?

Or even Nerd Hulk or Tyrone Cash?(though this expansion is already pretty heavy on the Hulks) "
Perhaps this is a clue as to her fate in the comics. I would have preferred classic Kitty as well but we take what we can get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TyrellArcher wrote:
Big Fresh wrote:

Perhaps this is a clue as to her fate in the comics. I would have preferred classic Kitty as well but we take what we can get.

Well, if you follow the comics you know that "classic" Kitty Pryde has undergone some pretty drastic changes of late.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
She has cosmic powers now. She phased an entire planet without breaking a sweat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ward
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is a bit more than a minor gripe.

Why are there no Artifacts? Throwable or otherwise...
With their appearance in both GotG and Fear Itself, I figured we would definitely see artifact cards throughout Legendary. I was even more confident about this when I heard that characters like Lady Thor, Superior Ironman, and Ultimate Spiderman were in Secret Wars.

So, why doesn't Lady Thor have a throwable Mjolnir artifact? Why doesn't Superior Ironman have an armor Artifact? Why doesn't Ultimate Spiderman have some kind of web attack Artifact?

I'm otherwise pretty stoked about this expansion. The artwork is actually pretty interesting to me, the Masterminds are pretty sick (especially Zombie Goblin), and I'm amped to play as the MM...

But, why no Artifacts?

Why?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachael
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr. Strange having a Cloak of Levitation card but no Eye of Agamotto one. They should go together! Just rename one of his cards (Fight the Future's game effects work with the the protection offered by the Eye) and change the art a bit and it's all good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll agree with the gripe about the lack of artifacts, but I really don't get why people are hung up on something "throwable." The way I see it, the attack type is transparent so it doesn't matter if it's Hulk's fist, Mjolnir, punisher's 5.56mm rounds, Iron Man's repulsor rays or anything else. The type is simply encompassed in the attack value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've already mentioned this, so I apologize in advance for bringing it up again, but I can't let it go so soon. I'm not even sure I can call it a "minor" gripe. For me, it's a pretty huge gripe and kinda offensive, and that's "Lady Thor". It should just be "Thor", dammit, or "Thor (Jane Foster)". (Don't bother trying to justify the "Lady" name to me. It won't work, guys.) And she definitely should have a Thrown Artifact card named "Mjolnir".

I would also have preferred it if "Apocalyptic Kitty Pryde" was just "Kitty Pryde".

I also don't like the Captain Marvel artwork at all. For a marquee hero like Captain Marvel, she deserved better.

I agree Dr. Strange should have a card named "Eye of Agamotto." It probably should be an Artifact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Archer
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:
TyrellArcher wrote:
Big Fresh wrote:

Well, if you follow the comics you know that "classic" Kitty Pryde has undergone some pretty drastic changes of late.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
She has cosmic powers now. She phased an entire planet without breaking a sweat.
is that related to the Black Vortex stuff? I'm behind on my X-Men and Guardians. I stay up to date on Spider-Man and Avengers, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Archer
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
I've already mentioned this, so I apologize in advance for bringing it up again, but I can't let it go so soon. I'm not even sure I can call it a "minor" gripe. For me, it's a pretty huge gripe and kinda offensive, and that's "Lady Thor". It should just be "Thor", dammit, or "Thor (Jane Foster)". (Don't bother trying to justify the "Lady" name to me. It won't work, guys.)
I agree, while simultaneously I can also see a justification for it. I would have preferred to see Thor (Jane Foster). But, I'm not going to get into it again...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really think the Upper Deck Legendary team should consider doing some focus-group testing and adding more women to their playtesters in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.