GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,086 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
198 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 

Spheres of Influence: Struggle for Global Supremacy» Forums » General

Subject: Custom Special Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok basically there is 1 sheet I have not yet printed with special cards on, this sheet had 7 extra special cards on it, this means for me that there are 11 spaces to put custom special cards on before I get it printed.

This may be a bit early to start this thread but I would like ideas, so any help is much appreciated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are a couple ideas from me

Conscription
Play during your turn and place 1 new unit on each Capitol City you control.

Civil War
Play at any time. Choose a territory in a sphere that is contested by at least 2 players, select one of the territories with 1 or 2 units on it and replace those units with ones from a faction of your choice that you do not control.

Minefield
Play when a another player moves into an unoccupied territory. That player must remove 2 units from that territory. Cannot be played in the first round.

Seafarers
Play during the mobilisation phase when it is your turn to place units. For each island territory that you control place that many new units onto any unoccupied sea zone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hamilton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Played the game on Friday and ideas were mentioned regarding the nuclear missile card not being able to be fired/used from sea.

Trident
Used the same as the nuclear missile card but from an adjacent sea zone that can make landfall

SLBM
Used the same as the ICMB card

Is that a typo on the card? Shouldn't it be ICBM?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the trident idea.

I don't have a slbm card but do have 2 ICBM cards.

Used the nuke for the first time today, our 5th game, it was awesome lol, killed about 15 units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Maritime Mercenries
Play at the start of your turn.
For each action for the rest of the round where your units start and finish in a sea zone gain 1 unit in that sea zone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hamilton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Here's some more to help you get to 11 cards

Missile Defence
Play once a missile card is used against one your factions territories.

Terrorism
Play against a faction. Roll a special die once for each capital the faction has. Remove any hits from the capital cities

Peace Movement
Play during the mobilisation phase. Select a territory of any faction, for this game turn no attacks can be made from this location. Bloody hippies!

Resistance
Play after you lose a territory. For every turn after the defeat until the end of the round roll a d6. Remove a unit for each time a 6 is rolled. If the new occupiers force drops to zero before the round is up the resistance was successful and the territory returns to your control as per the local resistance rule.

M.A.S.H
Play after a combat roll. Save up to 2 casualties.

Spy Master
Choose another player. They must show you all of their special cards. Or every player must show you one of their cards.

Station X
Play after an attack has been declared. You break the enemy's code and are prepared for their attack, roll an extra special die for this combat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hamilton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
How would you go about putting any of this on the provided blank card(s)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Lamont
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Pirate Semaj wrote:
Is that a typo on the card? Shouldn't it be ICBM?

Hey thanks for catching the wrong spelling on ICBM. I just updated all the downloadable files to fix it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Lamont
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Man.. some of these cards are sweet! I like Civil War especially... thats a nasty card though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
James not sure exactly how I will get them on the cards yet but will have a play and find a way.

Josh, glad you like the cards, you can feel free to make them up for us if you like lol

Another idea

Landing Forces
When you move units into a sea zone you can immediately move them onto land and gain 1 special die for the first round of combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hamilton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
How will it work?
Do you use 1 turn to move into the sea, you then get a free turn to move at sea and then you get another free move to make your amphibious assault and get a special die included. Sounds uber powerful.

I would call the card Marine Commandos or Gung Ho. Sempher Fi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not quite, you only get the free move to get back onto land not the one to move at sea.

Marine commandos does sound better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hamilton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Doesn't that limit the card to a few locations on the board, for example you couldn't use from Europe to North America. Might be simpler to just give a free amphibious landing move to take the beachhead if unoccupied or an attack with a bonus special die?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was my intention, I think I have just worded it badly :s

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a go at 1 card, what you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hamilton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Proper job, nice.
Funny enough I've been looking for images to suit some of the ideas.
That's as far as I've got though!
Easy to put together?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first one took quite a while this one only took about 30m in though so that will prob be the norm.

And thanks for the appreciation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about

Sky Net
The AI defence system launches missile strikes to all Capitol Cities, roll 1D6 for each Capitol City and remove the number of units rolled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hamilton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Would you play that card from your hand knowing it could hit some of your own capitals? Like the idea of cards that affect all factions.

Rapid Reaction Force
Play on your turn, move up to 5 units from any of your territories to another territory that you control.

Not sure if 5 units might be too many.

First glance at you Conscription card I thought I saw a loo roll

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I might change the pic there lol, I think now I got the technique it shouldn't be too hard to do the others when I can work at them for a couple hours.

With Sky Net you would have to make sure you had your capitols well defended before playing.

With Rapid Reaction Force it could keep the limit of 5 and you must be able to connect the territories via territories you control but this should be a play instead of an action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Here is what I have done so far, would like to know what you think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Lamont
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome job! I was having so much fun looking at these I called my wife in the room to take a peak.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey josh, glad you like the cards, thanks for the comments.

I got 1 more space so want something special, any ideas anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Storgar The Viking
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Think I will go with this

Military Academy

Play at the start of the mobilisation phase. Select one of your territories, on each of your turns this round place units equal to your turn number on that territory. 1st turn 1 unit, 2nd turn 2 units etc. the first time you take an action or if the territory is lost the card is cancelled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hamilton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
The peace movement card is fantastic, love the little flags. I was thinking Bond silhouette for the spy master card, so you nailed that! Shouldn't Marine Core be Marine Corps? Would still prefer the name Commandos being a Brit
How do you post a card here? I've had a go at the rapid response card I'd like to show you.
We had a game Friday and a mate, who really enjoyed his first game, asked if he was allowed to attack from multiple territories into a single territory as long as they shared a border and he only attacked with 5. Unfortunately no i said but we all agreed that it would make a great card.
Coordinated Attack or Joint Strike
Play this card when you declare an attack. You may make a coordinated attack against the targeted territory from any of your territories that share a border with this territory. You may only attack with up to 5 units at a time as per normal attack rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.