Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Caught in a mechanism
Brazil
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After the D&D spoilers, I wonder if Gingerbread will see play in the near future, at least in criminal. Has someone around here already assembled a spreadsheet with the cost-to-break the main tracers, such as Draco, Data Raven, etc, sorted by icebreaker? Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i give you: sneakdoor zeta

every time i look at Gingerbread, i wish it was 1 strength higher or 1 more strength from boosting. i always seem to want it at 3 or 6 strength instead of 2 or 5

it's still 5c to break Gutenberg. 3c for it not on R&D
costs just as much to break Ichi 1.0 as it does Ichi 2.0
4c to get past Caduceus

3c to break Hunter is cool, and it's pretty good against Uroburos and Virgo, Taurus, Sherlock, but how often do you see those?

of the new ICE, it's 5c to break Archangel, probably cheaper to break Resistor than anything else, but it's also only a trace 4, 3c for News Hound

4c to break Assassin though, which is pretty awesome.

in the end, boosting link might be a better option if you're worried about traces. they'll at least help you against Midseasons, Snatch & Grab, etc. as well, and all of that said, Gingerbread is 5c to break Shinobi, which i think will be huge after Surveillance Sweep screws up the math on mid-run traces
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've thought about gingerbread in an Apex deck, since endless hunger only breaks ETR subroutines. Not sure what the best way for AP's and destroyers would be...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nowis wrote:
I've thought about gingerbread in an Apex deck, since endless hunger only breaks ETR subroutines. Not sure what the best way for AP's and destroyers would be...

Sharpshooter/Deus Ex probably? EDIT: Or just pack Faeries. Either way bring Clone Chips. And Forked.

dr00 wrote:
every time i look at Gingerbread, i wish it was 1 strength higher or 1 more strength from boosting. i always seem to want it at 3 or 6 strength instead of 2 or 5

Net-Ready Cookie?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:

dr00 wrote:

Net-Ready Cookie?
yeah, i was thinking about that. maybe not in criminal though since they don't have as much recursion. that 2 meat damage might be pretty rough.

would i import this for 2 influence? /shrug

i think once D&D comes out though, i'll have a lot more justification for running what is, at least thematically, probably my favourite breaker in the game so far

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caught in a mechanism
Brazil
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dr00 wrote:
i give you: sneakdoor zeta ...

That's a fantastic piece of work you have there, Andrew, thank you.

In fact, it is so useful, user-friendly and game-promoting that it probably deserves a cease-and-desist letter.

As far as Gingerbread is concerned, it is indeed less efficient against tracers than I wished. Let's see how the meta evolves after September.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Stobbe
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dr00 wrote:
CommissarFeesh wrote:

dr00 wrote:

Net-Ready Cookie?
yeah, i was thinking about that. maybe not in criminal though since they don't have as much recursion. that 2 meat damage might be pretty rough.

would i import this for 2 influence? /shrug

i think once D&D comes out though, i'll have a lot more justification for running what is, at least thematically, probably my favourite breaker in the game so far

If it is the meat damage turning you off, you could always import Personal Touch.

I prefer NRE for the flexibility though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.