GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,221 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » General

Subject: What roles will the game have? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Cafferata
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
Do we have much information about what are going to be the five roles included straight out of the box? I know we've seen the researcher, and I think I might have heard that scientist and medic are included as well, but am interested to hear about the others.

Here's hoping for the Dispatcher, he's my favourite to play as.

EDIT: found a picture with medic, scientist and operations expert in it, so just one role left to be revealed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want the archivist. Played with him for the first time yesterday, and I can't imagine not having him in every game from here on out (though we select via random draw, so whether I ever see him in play again is up in the air ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Cafferata
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
I'm the only one of our group of friends that really likes the archivist, I find him so versatile, he can set up research stations easily, travel, cure. I'd definitely be happy to see him in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ftl ftw
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect the starting five will be the same as the starting five of a regular Pandemic game without expansions: Scientist, Researcher, Medic, Dispatcher, Operations Expert.

Of course, as the season goes on, these guys might learn some new tricks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Yeager
United States
Hagerstown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
rmtcts wrote:
found a picture with medic, scientist and operations expert in it, so just one role left to be revealed. :)

Can you provide a link to that picture?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Lambert
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bump for contest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Styro wrote:
Bump for contest
Thumbed for contest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Comfort
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Took me a while to find this. Was looking for a top thumbed item. +1 from me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santacus
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Jenkins
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on some of the previews, your characters can gain "scars" from being in cities that are collapsing, and may even die. But, the designers have indicated that you will pick up a new role if one dies, although there are a limited number, and all the players may end up as civilians by the end.
So, there's probably more than 4 roles in the box. But, are they all available from the outset? I'll let you know as soon as I open the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goodnuff
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
From the unboxing video linked today there are 5 roles, from their pictures they are Scientist, Researcher, Dispatcher, Operations Expert and the last one doesn't match a picture I am familiar with but I am betting it is Medic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg D.
Germany
Höxter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EvilNuff wrote:
From the unboxing video linked today there are 5 roles, from their pictures they are Scientist, Researcher, Dispatcher, Operations Expert and the last one doesn't match a picture I am familiar with but I am betting it is Medic.

confirm: The last one is Medic!
I'm not used to the english names of the characters. The one you call 'Operations Expert' is the one who has 5 actions per turn. (In German he is called s.th. like 'generalist')

edit: According to the rules you choose your role at the start of each game. So you can use the same character until he retires because of insanity or you can change them. I suppose my group will play it that each player will use the same character as long as possible. But perhaps we change our minds when we see that there are strategic reasons to do otherwise.
The characters can get additional abilities during the year - so on first look it seems quite wasted not to play the individual characters as long as possible. Why should I swap my trained character against an untrained from the box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sanjay P
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
Not going to spoil anything, but just play the game. There will be reasons why you might want to change characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.