Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is all really exciting to be getting the newest expansion soon and most of us just love being up to date with the latest stuff, however not everyone can just get the expansion right away so like the Weekly Challenges before I will be giving everyone about two weeks before we get into and add the newest stuff to the Challenges, to allow people to get this expansion. I have SO many things I want to do with this newest expansion already the idea, the wheels are a turning. If there is something that you are wanting to see in a Weekly Challenge, feel free to Geekmail me and give me your thoughts and I will see what I can do about it.

Well, as for this weeks game, it is going to be brutal. This one is in no way an easy fight, but I will be interested in seeing who can pull it off.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanos is Coming

The Infinity Gems have been scattered, but they are all located on earth. Some of the Guardians of the Galaxy have already made their way to earth in order to make sure Thanos doesn't get his hands on them. However, an ancient evil has heard about these powerful artifacts that are present here on earth and is moving to use them to enslave all humanity. Apocalypse. The first Mutant has began his campaign to gain them all. He is a powerful foe that is difficult to take on. Will the heroes even be able to win against this Monster? Or will they too become a slave to his power?

1-Player
Expansions you will need to play: Dark City, Guardians of the Galaxy
Scheme: Save Humanity
Mastermind: Apocalypse
Henchmen: Sentinels
Villain(s): Infinity Gems
Heroes: Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Drax the Destroyer
Special: The Infinity Gems count as The Four Horsemen for Apocalypse's static effect and Mastermind tactics, giving all of the gems a +2 attack. Change Apocalypse's win condition to "If four different Infinity Gems escape."

2-Player
Villain(s): Infinity Gems, Four Horsemen
Heroes: Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Drax the Destroyer, Nightcrawler, Cable
Special: All card effects return to normal.

3-Players
Added Villain(s): MLF

4-Players
Added Henchmen: Savage Land Mutates

5-Players
Added Villain(s): MLF, Brotherhood
Added Hero: Bishop
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Solo

MichaelJB
Game 1: Evil won
Player 1: -18
Game 2: Null
Game 3: Evil Won!
Player 1: -17
Game 4: Good Won!
Player 1: 26

BValen7ine
Game 1: Good Won!
Player 1: 29

Alkemist
Game 1: Evil Won!
Player 1: -16
Game 2: Good Won!
Player 1: 14 points
Game 3: 32

Morgothrond
Player 1: 23

Dachamp
Game 1: Evil Won!
Game 2: Evil Won!

Golden Solo

DaninBlack
Player 1: 57

AlphaSilvr
Player 1: 22 w/final blow

CTulis59
Player 1: 26

2-Players

Entwife
Player 1 (Ant): 25
Player 2 (Kim): 34

Ovidutz
Player 1 (Ovi): 48
Player 2 (Wife): 26
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
MasterGM wrote:
It is all really exciting to be getting the newest expansion soon and most of us just love being up to date with the latest stuff, however not everyone can just get the expansion right away so like the Weekly Challenges before I will be giving everyone about two weeks before we get into and add the newest stuff to the Challenges, to allow people to get this expansion. I have SO many things I want to do with this newest expansion already the idea, the wheels are a turning. If there is something that you are wanting to see in a Weekly Challenge, feel free to Geekmail me and give me your thoughts and I will see what I can do about it.

Well, as for this weeks game, it is going to be brutal. This one is in no way an easy fight, but I will be interested in seeing who can pull it off.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanos is Coming

The Infinity Gems have been scattered, but they are all located on earth. Some of the Guardians of the Galaxy have already made their way to earth in order to make sure Thanos doesn't get his hands on them. However, an ancient evil has heard about these powerful artifacts that are present here on earth and is moving to use them to enslave all humanity. Apocalypse. The first Mutant has began his campaign to gain them all. He is a powerful foe that is difficult to take on. Will the heroes even be able to win against this Monster? Or will they too become a slave to his power?

1-Player
Villain(s): Infinity Gems
Heroes: Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Drax the Destroyer
Special: The Infinity Gems count as The Four Horsemen for Apocalypse's static effect and Mastermind tactics, giving all of the gems a +2 attack. Change Apocalypse's win condition to "If four different Infinity Gems escape."

2-Player
Villain(s): Infinity Gems, Four Horsemen
Heroes: Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Drax the Destroyer, Nightcrawler, Cable
Special: All card effects return to normal.

3-Players

4-Players

5-Players
Added Villain(s): MLF, Brotherhood
Added Hero: Bishop

Will check this out later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh my goodness, that was the closest game we've ever had! Final hit on Apocalypse (thankfully it only took 5 hits to take him down) was on the final possible turn of the game having just turned over the last villain card. We only ended up losing 1 of the horsemen (well actually 2 Wars) and 4 bystanders.

2 player game: Good won!
Player 1: Ant 25 points
Player 2: Kim 34 points

Thanks for a really fun game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brandt
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
I'm an old friend of Xanderrrr's
badge
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - S5E20
mbmbmbmbmb
Advanced Solo Mode
Game 1
10 turns - Evil wins. 4 KO'd Bystanders on turn 10.
Victory Pile: 6 VP
Adjusted Score: -18 VP

Game 2
After getting Drax's rare card fairly early and hitting Apocalypse a few times, I realized I forgot to add 2 Attack to the Infinity Gems thanks to Apocalypse's ability. A decent chance at victory foiled!

Game 3
13 turns - Evil wins. 4 KO'd Bystanders on turn 13
Victory Pile: 2 VP
Adjusted Score: -17 VP

Game 4
19 turns - Good wins!
Victory Pile: 50 VP
Adjusted Score: 26 VP (8 Scheme Twists, no Bystanders carried off, but 2 KO'd from Scheme Twists)

Had to hit Apocalypse a total of 7 times to defeat him. I think the key was getting Rocket's Incoming Detector early; the shards it collected were handy, but the real awesomeness came from protecting the Bystanders in my victory pile from the Scheme Twist, especially with Apocalypse's Master Strike.

Groot's Surviving Sprig and Prune the Growths, as well as a copy of Rocke'ts Trigger Happy, were the other keys to victory.

Thanks for the challenge!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
michaeljb wrote:
Advanced Solo Mode
Game 1
10 turns - Evil wins. 4 KO'd Bystanders on turn 10.
Victory Pile: 6 VP
Adjusted Score: -18 VP

Game 2
After getting Drax's rare card fairly early and hitting Apocalypse a few times, I realized I forgot to add 2 Attack to the Infinity Gems thanks to Apocalypse's ability. A decent chance at victory foiled!

Game 3
13 turns - Evil wins. 4 KO'd Bystanders on turn 13
Victory Pile: 2 VP
Adjusted Score: -17 VP

Game 4
19 turns - Good wins!
Victory Pile: 50 VP
Adjusted Score: 26 VP (8 Scheme Twists, no Bystanders carried off, but 2 KO'd from Scheme Twists)

Had to hit Apocalypse a total of 7 times to defeat him. I think the key was getting Rocket's Incoming Detector early; the shards it collected were handy, but the real awesomeness came from protecting the Bystanders in my victory pile from the Scheme Twist, especially with Apocalypse's Master Strike.

Groot's Surviving Sprig and Prune the Growths, as well as a copy of Rocke'ts Trigger Happy, were the other keys to victory.

How did Rocket's uncommon help you with protecting your bystanders? His detector just gives a shard on Ambushes and Strikes -- it does nothing for scheme twists, and even then, it doesn't avert them -- just give you a shard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brandt
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
I'm an old friend of Xanderrrr's
badge
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - S5E20
mbmbmbmbmb
Save Humanity wrote:
Twist: KO all Bystanders in the HQ. Then each player reveals an Instinct Hero or KOs a Bystander from their Victory Pile.

Rocket's Incoming Detector is an Instinct Artifact, meaning after it's been played it can be revealed in response to the Scheme Twist.

In the first couple games, I had Apocalypse's Master Strike send an Instinct card out of my hand, then the next card out of the Villain Deck was a Scheme Twist, KOing a Bystander from my victory pile. With Incoming Detector in play, it didn't matter what was left in my hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
michaeljb wrote:
Save Humanity wrote:
Twist: KO all Bystanders in the HQ. Then each player reveals an Instinct Hero or KOs a Bystander from their Victory Pile.

Rocket's Incoming Detector is an Instinct Artifact, meaning after it's been played it can be revealed in response to the Scheme Twist.

In the first couple games, I had Apocalypse's Master Strike send an Instinct card out of my hand, then the next card out of the Villain Deck was a Scheme Twist, KOing a Bystander from my victory pile. With Incoming Detector in play, it didn't matter what was left in my hand.

Oh duh -- just re-read Save Humanity. Ignore me, I'm harmless.

Other note -- in multiplayer games with the GotG, that Rocket is great insurance for not discarding artifacts from Drax's uncommons...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Golden solo. Good won on the last card from the villain deck.

57 victory points. Strategy involved Cable and Drax, specifically Drax's rare, which gave Cable's commons 8 against Appcalypse. Rocket's shard common w/ groot's uncommon was my main source of Recruit. Had to hit Apocalypse 6 times w/ that stupid tactic where you have to Shuffle the tactic.

Killing both pestilences and then letting the city go was also helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Fetter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Golden Solo (Hopefully I played it right, this was my first try at it.)

Won - With a Final Blow as well - Final Attack was 42 because of Drax Avatar of Destruction.

Here is my final Hand (Cards are in order played):

and Final Board:

Thanks for the Challenge!

EDIT:
Final Score:
-Without Final Blow: 16
-With Final Blow: 22
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafa Murguia
United States
California
flag msg tools
I must have gotten lucky.

First game:

Good Wins
VP: 29

Though, I got lucky and got all three capstones really early in the game but most of my bystanders were on the bottom of the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damjan Makuc
Slovenia
Idrija
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Advanced solo

GAME 1

Battle for humanity was opened with several rescued Bystanders and recruitment of double Gritty Scavenger. Unfortunately, I couldn't protect Bystanders and Twists soon KO'd 4 of them, which meant bitter end.

Defeated Villians and Mastermind: 0 points
Escaped Villians: 0 points
Lost Bystander: 0 points (4 KO'd)
Scheme Twists: -16 points
Evil wins!, total: -16 points

GAME 2

Early Incoming Detector was good insurance to keep safe rescued Bystanders. One by one, Surviving Sprig and Interstellar Tracker joined the squad. And both of them brought their twins. Now it was time to go on offence. Knives of the Hunter was minor addition, but Trigger Happy and Prune the Growths took down Power Gem. Attack power was increased with The Destroyer, which allowed to acquire two more gems (Space Gem and Soul Gem). Apocalypse took first hit:

It was just about time. Twists took out three of the Bystanders and the next one would mean Apocalypse would won again. To get the job done, Vengeance is Rocket was added to the team and just in time, Apocalypse took three more hits. Some of the heroes were seriously wounded (KO'd by Apocalypse) but luckily, our team prevailed and this was enough to stop the evil! (end turn below with final two strikes)

Defeated Villians and Mastermind: 35 points
Lost Bystander: 0 points (3 KO'd)
Scheme Twists: -21 points
Good wins!, total: 14 points
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damjan Makuc
Slovenia
Idrija
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Advanced solo

GAME 3

One more take on Apocalypse. This time, multiple Interstellar Trackers joined forces. Still they couldn't prevent early loss of three Bystanders, which put our mission in danger zone. At last, Incoming Detector showed up, and stood as sentinel for humanity. Our recruitment then changed towards more aggressive heroes: first Trigger Happy, who was backed by another Trigger Happy quite soon. Groot's Surviving Sprig + Prunt the Growths combo steadily "combed" our arsenal. However, Apocalypse was more cautious this time; Immortal and Undefeated tactic allowed him to avoid quick defeat. In addition, The End of All Things stunned three unprepared heroes: Trigger Happy, Interstellar Tracker and Gritty Scavenger. But Rocket Raccoon was at the right time at the right place: another Gritty Scavenger and Vengeance is Rocket stopped Apocalypse, but this time 8 hits were needed to defeat the monster!

Final deck was thinned down to 6 (!) cards as shown on picture:

Defeated Villians and Mastermind: 56 points
Lost Bystander: 0 points (3 KO'd)
Scheme Twists: -24 points
Good wins!, total: 32 points

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Rascon
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool feel in this set up!

Solo

Win!
23 Points adjusted score

It was almost easy, i will try golden solo next.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ovi Matteo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2 Players: Good Won!
Me: 48
Wife: 26

5 Bystanders were KOed. 3 out of 4 Horsemen escaped.

Defeated Apocalypse for a total of 7 times due to his Immortal and Undefeated tactic.

Our strategy was to build many recruit points from the start so that we can have points to spare for the rescuing of the bystanders. This was a good strategy because we managed to get Cable's rare from the start of the game. Using this card I KOed all of my starter cards. After a few rounds I only had 3 artifacts and 5-7 cards in my entire deck which gave me 12+ attack points on every round, enough to defeat Apocalypse every time.

My wife had artifacts that gave her shards which were also very useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tulis
msg tools
mb
Golden Solo (I assumed the Evil Wins condition is 8 bystanders, since Golden Solo Standard is set up as for 2 players)

Good won

Final score: 65 - 18 (scheme twists) - 20 (bystanders) - 1 (escaped villain) = 26

I was reeling in +11 attack every turn due to Drax's artifacts and Infinity Gems.

Final deck:
1x Soul Gem
2x Space Gem
1x Power Gem
1x Mind Gem
1x Reality Gem
1x SHIELD Agent
1x SHIELD Trooper
2x SHIELD Officer Maria Hill
Cable:
1x Rapid Response Force
Drax the Destroyer:
1x The Destroyer
2x Knives of the Hunter
1x Avatar of Destruction
Nightcrawler:
2x Blend into Shadows
2x Bamf!
1x Along for the Ride

I had at one point, but ended up having to KO,
Cable:
1x Disaster Survivalist
Drax the Destroyer:
1x Interstellar Tracker
Groot:
1x Surviving Sprig
Nightcrawler:
1x Swashbuckler
Rocket Raccoon:
1x Vengeance is Rocket

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
solo
1st try
a loss
4/4 bystanders in KO pile

2nd try
a loss again
villain deck runs out
apocalypse do 'immortal and undefeated' twice
apocalypse hp 1/4
3/4 bystanders in KO pile

unlucky games a bit annoying angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.