Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Mistfall» Forums » Rules

Subject: Venda, Knockback card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gertjan Horsthuis
Netherlands
Olst
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

As a Reflex you can add a wound to all enemies. I assume that this is only applicable to enemies in your H area (range is 1).
More curious if you then need to move the enemies to another H area or Q area or that you can leave it in your H area, as it states ANY area, which I interpretate also as my own H area.
Any thoughts ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gertjan1968 wrote:
Hi,

As a Reflex you can add a wound to all enemies. I assume that this is only applicable to enemies in your H area (range is 1).


I guess you are interpreting the card incorrectly:

"After an action you resolve PLACES at least 1 wound on any number of enemies,..."

This not mean that you actively PLACE a wound, but is a condition you need to fulfill before the card kicks in - i.e. you MUST have PLACED at least one wound beforehand.


Gertjan1968 wrote:

More curious if you then need to move the enemies to another H area or Q area or that you can leave it in your H area, as it states ANY area, which I interpretate also as my own H area.
Any thoughts ?


I would say you can push it into your own area as well. There are some cards that do effectively the same, but (contrary to knockback) allow you to manipulate your focus when the enemy re-enters you hero area. Somewhere in the forum you will find the answer, that it IS feasible to use "one's own monsters" for this effect (move it out and back in again). So I see no reason why this should not be allowed in this case as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

From a thematic standpoint, I don't see how a card with the Knockback can logically "pull" Enemy into your Hero area. I feel that the word Knockback is about "pushing" Enemy away from you.

I am not sure whether this is how the designer want the cards to function, meaning does he actually wanted Enemy to be pulled into the Hero Area?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
brighknight_216 wrote:

From a thematic standpoint, I don't see how a card with the Knockback can logically "pull" Enemy into your Hero area. I feel that the word Knockback is about "pushing" Enemy away from you.

I am not sure whether this is how the designer want the cards to function, meaning does he actually wanted Enemy to be pulled into the Hero Area?



The card does not "pull" an enemy towards you, it is about enemies next to you whom you either push strongly (they end up in a different area) or not that strong (they remain in your area). Combat in this game is abstracted into the categories "close" and "distant" to you which I first experienced in "Assault on Doomrock" and consider a great way to speed up combat without loosing too much of its feel. Now, if you accept the close and distant abstraction as thematic, then it will be easy to accept a strong and soft push abstraction as well (at least to me it is)?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mixo wrote:
brighknight_216 wrote:

From a thematic standpoint, I don't see how a card with the Knockback can logically "pull" Enemy into your Hero area. I feel that the word Knockback is about "pushing" Enemy away from you.

I am not sure whether this is how the designer want the cards to function, meaning does he actually wanted Enemy to be pulled into the Hero Area?



The card does not "pull" an enemy towards you, it is about enemies next to you whom you either push strongly (they end up in a different area) or not that strong (they remain in your area). Combat in this game is abstracted into the categories "close" and "distant" to you which I first experienced in "Assault on Doomrock" and consider a great way to speed up combat without loosing too much of its feel. Now, if you accept the close and distant abstraction as thematic, then it will be easy to accept a strong and soft push abstraction as well (at least to me it is)?


It depends on the range of the card , if you have no enemies in your [H] area then you have +1 Range. Thematically you have room to move around and the same acrobatic ability that you use to knock back you can use to pull/throw or get between the enemy and another Hero.

I do not picture it as a static fight but as a whirling battle.

Think Game of Thrones fights whistle (That reference slipped in because I have been playing with GoT on which generally adds to the theme.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.