GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,916 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Sentul Asia
Malaysia
Shah Alam
Selangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I have this weird situation:

1) Runner has 3 installed medium in Personal Workshop
2) Runner has an installed Grimoire
3) Corp has 2 installed Cyberdex Virus Suite

after passing last piece of ICE:

runner installed 1 medium from Personal Workshop, and decided to access

corp rez first CVS to purge virus counter

runner installed 1 more medium

corp rez second CVS to purge virus counter

runner installed 1 more medium and access R&D

question: is this play correct?
I was under the impression that during a run, priority cannot be passed back and fourth between runner and corp?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Taylor
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you did it incorrectly. First off the runner does everything he wants to during a paid ability window (assuming it's the runner's turn, of course) and then the corp does everything he wants to. You would install all the Mediums and then have everything purged, basically. There is no such thing as "in response" in Netrunner, barring effects that prevent things from happening (like Net Shield).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sentul Asia
Malaysia
Shah Alam
Selangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I also have the same impression but then he showed me this: http://ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Timing_Priority
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny A.
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The play is legal.

Only thing that's a bit shady is the "decided to access". Once you begin accessing cards, there's no using paid abilities.

With that being said (and I assume it's the case here), it's the normal way of going from step 4.1 to 4.3, which would mean that all this is taking place in step 4.3.

The normal interaction though would be that the runner would take all 3 mediums off, then the corp would rez and use the Cyberdex.

But once corp has passed priority, the runner can use paid abilities again. If this isn't declined, then the corp can use paid abilities. This goes on until both have declined to use paid abilities.

So yes. Priority is passed back and forth, even during a run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sentul Asia
Malaysia
Shah Alam
Selangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, runner decided to access but Corp wants to react first, hence access hasn't happened yet... Thats when the drama begins...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Snipafist wrote:
I believe you did it incorrectly. First off the runner does everything he wants to during a paid ability window (assuming it's the runner's turn, of course) and then the corp does everything he wants to. You would install all the Mediums and then have everything purged, basically. There is no such thing as "in response" in Netrunner, barring effects that prevent things from happening (like Net Shield).

You're correct for triggered events but NOT for paid windows. During a paid window, priority can indeed pass back and forth.

Direct from the rulebook:

Quote:
Timing Priority

Whenever there is an opportunity to trigger paid abilities, rez cards and/or score agendas (usually at the beginning of a turn and after each action), the player who is currently taking his turn gets the first opportunity to act. He can trigger as many abilities, rez as many cards, and/or score as many agendas as he wishes in the order of his choosing. When he is finished, the other player gets the opportunity to act. When that player is finished, the first player gets the opportunity to act once again.

Emphasis mine.

The window closes when a player passes, but ONLY if both players have had at least one opportunity to act (so the first time the active player passes will never close the window so if the active player passes first without acting this will never close the window, but the very next pass will, regardless of who passes).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Albano
United States
Bloomfield
NJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From my understanding, timing windows go something like this, assuming it's the Runner's turn:

*Paid window appears*
*Runner does something*
*Corp does something*
*Runner gets a chance to do something because the Corp did something*
*Corp gets a chance to do something because the Runner did something*
*Runner doesn't do anything*
*Paid ability window disappears*

I think that's how it works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.