Subject: Fantastic foes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first thing i look at when buying an expansion are the villains/masterminds. How strong are they in this expansion? In comparison with other expansions, including villain versions. Galactus seems to me a bit too easy to defeat if you have any card that allows you to draw others..and this deters me from buying it. But i am waiting for actual gameplay experiences in order to make up my mind

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sexton
United States
Pikeville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not as easy as you think honestly, not every hero draws you cards. Plus he has his own auto lose ability built in.

And as any one here can tell you, one bad shuffle, and the G-man can make short work of you.

Mole man and his goons are okay. They escape like crazy and cause to KO your character from the hq causing a lot of schemes to beat you down.

IMHO it's a must have expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M D
United States
Peotone
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a fantastic four person don't care for them much but this is one of best expansions, brings a lot of new and fun things to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Galactus can mess you up bad if you draw a couple of early strikes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the masterminds and villains from this expansion are some of my favourites.

Cosmic threat is fun, especially with the Heralds as wells as Galactus, because they each only have one icon that can reduce your attack, so you need a balanced deck to cope with them, but a very focused deck to get Galactus.

Also, people hardly mention the schemes when they talk about expansions, and I think the ones in FF are very good, very playable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you guys! Like always, the community advice has been very good. I have just bought the game and I had an amazing experience in 3 two-player games.
We first played against Galactus using the Pull reality into the negative zone scheme and we lost. Galactus could not beat us however when he deployed the Invincible force field scheme (the merit is not mine, however; my girlfriend beat him 5 times and had over 100 victory points!). Finally, we lost unexpectedly against Mole man and his Flood theplanet with melted glaciers scheme.
Also, i am glad that I managed to buy the last expansion on stock .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.