GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,522 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Race for the Galaxy: The Gathering Storm» Forums » Rules

Subject: Damaged Alien Factory? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Dunstan
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little confused on the The Damaged Alien Factory's "Produce" action. It says you "may discard 1 card to produce on this world". Does that mean that the only way to produce on this world is to discard a card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FistfulOfDice wrote:
I'm a little confused on the The Damaged Alien Factory's "Produce" action. It says you "may discard 1 card to produce on this world". Does that mean that the only way to produce on this world is to discard a card?

Yes, you choose whether or not to discard. If you don't then no good is produced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Dunstan
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveD wrote:
FistfulOfDice wrote:

Yes, you choose whether or not to discard. If you don't then no good is produced.

Huh, interesting. Then I guess my next question is to what the "advantage" of the world is. Are Alien production worlds rare?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
FistfulOfDice wrote:
DaveD wrote:
FistfulOfDice wrote:

Huh, interesting. Then I guess my next question is to what the "advantage" of the world is. Are Alien production worlds rare?

There are no others that are so easy to play - all the others have a higher military requirement or a high cost (minimum of 6 cost, I think).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Dunstan
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, gotcha. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can trade for 5 cards second turn if it's your start world so it has to have some downside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tool wrote:
FistfulOfDice wrote:
DaveD wrote:
FistfulOfDice wrote:

There are no others that are so easy to play - all the others have a higher military requirement or a high cost (minimum of 6 cost, I think).
Also, the # of yellow production worlds are fewer compared to all the other colors of production worlds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.